Jim Stewart

Default $2000 debit card X 240,000 texas refugees

Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Maybe not as much as the 14 billion tax break big oil just got

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:55:58 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

My. God. The lefties are REALLY grasping at straws to find reasons to
hate Bush.

All I expect is peace, prosperity , and progress.

Rudy

Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

WalMart will be making their $17 million donation right back..

Gunner

On 9 Sep 2005 00:09:07 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:55:58 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

My. God. The lefties are REALLY grasping at straws to find reasons to
hate Bush.

They dont need reasons. They wake up that way.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Rex B

I bet you can buy one of those cards on the street for $1000 cash.
The liquor stores are probably booming.

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

Jim Stewart wrote:
Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Gary Brady

Rex B wrote:

I bet you can buy one of those cards on the street for $1000 cash.
The liquor stores are probably booming.

I heard they were going for $500 around here.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Andy Asberry

wrote:

Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Depending on how many decide to stay, it might mean another
congressman. And one less for LA.
Glenn Ashmore

It was just announced that they have canned the whole idea. Now they are
going to make direct deposits into everyone's bank account. Like these
people HAVE bank accounts.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
ink.net...
Rex B wrote:

I bet you can buy one of those cards on the street for $1000 cash.
The liquor stores are probably booming.

I heard they were going for $500 around here.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Rudy

It was just announced that they have canned the whole idea. Now they are
going to make direct deposits into everyone's bank account. Like these
people HAVE bank accounts.

Sure, and ATM cards and bank books too G

Robert Swinney

Yeah. They'd be cheaper in Austin because of the depressed local economy;
caused by all the UT grads that hang around and work for cheap.

Bob Swinney
"Gary Brady" wrote in message
ink.net...
Rex B wrote:

I bet you can buy one of those cards on the street for $1000 cash.
The liquor stores are probably booming.

I heard they were going for $500 around here.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Rex B

wrote:

Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Depending on how many decide to stay, it might mean another
congressman. And one less for LA.

....except he'll probably be a Democrat ;(

F. George McDuffee

wrote:
Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Depending on how many decide to stay, it might mean another
congressman. And one less for LA.

===============================
And why were the people relocated from one overcrowded urban
areaNOLA) to another (e.g. San Antonio, Huston)? Most of the
Texas large (mega?) urban areas were short of school space,
inexpensive housing and social services because of the massive
influx of undocument immigrants [PC] even before the influx of
New Orleans refugees.

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.
Rex B

===============================
And why were the people relocated from one overcrowded urban
areaNOLA) to another (e.g. San Antonio, Huston)? Most of the
Texas large (mega?) urban areas were short of school space,
inexpensive housing and social services because of the massive
influx of undocument immigrants [PC] even before the influx of
New Orleans refugees.

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.

Because those small towns do not have the resources or the jobs for
their own population, much less hundreds or thousands more.
Wayne Cook

wrote:
Equals quite a boost to the texas economy...

Depending on how many decide to stay, it might mean another
congressman. And one less for LA.

===============================
And why were the people relocated from one overcrowded urban
areaNOLA) to another (e.g. San Antonio, Huston)? Most of the
Texas large (mega?) urban areas were short of school space,
inexpensive housing and social services because of the massive
influx of undocument immigrants [PC] even before the influx of
New Orleans refugees.

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.

The only problem here would be the survival rate of the refugee's.
Very few small Texas towns will put up with the bull**** those guys
pull.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
F. George McDuffee

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:41:08 -0500, Rex B wrote:

===============================
And why were the people relocated from one overcrowded urban
areaNOLA) to another (e.g. San Antonio, Huston)? Most of the
Texas large (mega?) urban areas were short of school space,
inexpensive housing and social services because of the massive
influx of undocument immigrants [PC] even before the influx of
New Orleans refugees.

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.

Because those small towns do not have the resources or the jobs for
their own population, much less hundreds or thousands more.

==============================
That's why I said a few families here and a few there. I have
never seen a community that couldn't accommodate at least a few
new people.

That you are apparently expecting the people to settle in their
nominally temporary communities gives credence to the rumors the
p**s poor response to Katrina was deliberately planned and
designed to displace the "undeserving," generally minority, poor
from their increasingly valuable real-estate so this can be
expropriated by the government at "fair market value" to avoid
future flood damage (as determined by the government) for later
resale and development by the "more worthy" corporations and
campaign donors when the flood protection is in place (paid for
by the taxpayers) so it can be utilized in its "best and highest
role" [translation -- make more money and taxes off it]

As to the refugees fitting in the smaller communities for 3 to 12
months - I don't think the *FAMILIES* will be the problem. Any
problems will be mainly with the young men with far too much time
on their hands. Young men with too much time on their hands are
a problem, no matter what their backgrounds are.

I would have expected far more outreach by the small town ethnic
churches and fraternal groups to assist in the *temporary*
resettlement of the displaced families into the smaller
communities in more familiar surroundings.

Gunner Asch

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:25:43 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.

The only problem here would be the survival rate of the refugee's.
Very few small Texas towns will put up with the bull**** those guys
pull.

Wayne Cook

True indeed.

I can see the picture of a dude laying in a pool of blood, a stolen
case of beer scattered around him, and with his dying breath..asking
"wa be I do? Iz only stol some beer and punched up da store owner?"