F. George McDuffee

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:41:08 -0500, Rex B wrote:

===============================
And why were the people relocated from one overcrowded urban
areaNOLA) to another (e.g. San Antonio, Huston)? Most of the
Texas large (mega?) urban areas were short of school space,
inexpensive housing and social services because of the massive
influx of undocument immigrants [PC] even before the influx of
New Orleans refugees.

My solution would have been to relocate the displaced persons to
the very large number of smaller Texas urban and rural areas
which have lost population over the last two decades and thus
have a surplus of housing and school space. No one town should
be flooded with new people, just a family or two here and a
family or two there.

Because those small towns do not have the resources or the jobs for
their own population, much less hundreds or thousands more.

==============================
That's why I said a few families here and a few there. I have
never seen a community that couldn't accommodate at least a few
new people.

That you are apparently expecting the people to settle in their
nominally temporary communities gives credence to the rumors the
p**s poor response to Katrina was deliberately planned and
designed to displace the "undeserving," generally minority, poor
from their increasingly valuable real-estate so this can be
expropriated by the government at "fair market value" to avoid
future flood damage (as determined by the government) for later
resale and development by the "more worthy" corporations and
campaign donors when the flood protection is in place (paid for
by the taxpayers) so it can be utilized in its "best and highest
role" [translation -- make more money and taxes off it]

As to the refugees fitting in the smaller communities for 3 to 12
months - I don't think the *FAMILIES* will be the problem. Any
problems will be mainly with the young men with far too much time
on their hands. Young men with too much time on their hands are
a problem, no matter what their backgrounds are.

I would have expected far more outreach by the small town ethnic
churches and fraternal groups to assist in the *temporary*
resettlement of the displaced families into the smaller
communities in more familiar surroundings.