Proctologically Violated©®

Default face mills/shoulder mills

Awl--

Looks like I gotta spring for some. Indexable, for cat40 holders.

Could use a liitle advice...

Tool guy sez a shoulder mill will also face (I guess it *must*!!). But as
well as a dedicated face mill? Tradeoffs?
It seems, tho, that a shoulder mill will indeed be a general "two-fer-one"
ito of function, and that I'd be better off with this.

Next, what are the preferable (not best, but best bang-fer-yer-buck) inserts
to use? There are zillions, it seems.
My main concerns: clamp type vs. screw-thru hole. Seems to me screw-thru
hole is stronger.
Sq vs triangular: Square would have more life, no? Extra point?

For face mills, what do you think of round inserts? Seems to me to be more
economical, as you have a full 2*pi*R of usable edge.

TIA!
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll