Rex B

Default SB Carriage stop part

Among the tooling that came with an Enco lathe, there was a micrometer
carriage stop. I have since learned it is from a Southbend, and it's
missing a part. That part is a screw with a coneshaped section that sits
directy under the axis of the micrometer section, fathest fro the bed
rail. I need that part, or I need a clear picture of one so I can
duplicate it.

The item I need is screwed into the right side of the item pictured here
(with respects to Al Babin)

- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

I think the screw on mine is original because the paint on the screw
slot end matches the rest.

It is a 5/16" screw, about 1.4" long overall. The head is a stepped
cylinder, not tapered. The smaller diameter that fits into the 0.5000"
slot in the micrometer body is 0.470 dia X 0.110 long. The larger
diameter that supports the body is 0.749" dia X 0.177 thick. The shank
is threaded to within 1/8" of the head. The other end is slotted for a
screwdriver and is slightly recessed into the 3/16"-thick locking nut
on mine.

The micrometer body is marked "1200 RT3" and it fits a 1965 Heavy 10
with hardened ways ("X" in the serial number).
jw

Help finding old router part Jon Woodworking 14 March 18th 06 11:40 PM
WANTED: PLANER Jim Woodworking 25 August 24th 05 01:21 AM
Colchester carriage stop? Chris Bedo Metalworking 1 August 9th 05 11:14 PM
Threading on a "slow to stop" lathe Lloyd E. Sponenburgh Metalworking 16 May 25th 05 06:05 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM