John Hofstad-Parkhill

Default Babin - confirmed

May have already been reported, but Babin is using surplus_machinery and
landry433 as ebay id's.

This is confirmed.
Jon Anderson

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:

This is confirmed.

By whom? Not exactly doubting, but might lend credence if you explained
how it was confirmed.

I just bought a Hardinge 3j chuck from the surplus_machinery ID. While
communication wasn't impressive, the items arrived in a timely fashion,
were in about the condition I expected for the price, and well packaged.

If it really is Babin, he's certainly cleaned up his act. So far anyway...

Jon
Honest A Babin

This is good news to again be recognized for my good work and honest
dealings.
A few years ago I was attacked by a gang of angry machinists while
walking to my shop and it took awhile to fully recover. The come from
from hiding like assassins but luckily I fought them off.
I know carrying two IMI Desert Eagles so I'm not scared so bring it on.
My sons are helping around the shop and things are going on smooth as a
fresh coat of grey enaminal on rebuild lathe bed.
The kids are learning art of scrapping which I learne in the old
country before coming here and settling in Bristol with my young wife.
I appreciate you trumpet my business and look forwarned to more making
happy customers.
If you are in Bristol-area free to stop by and take my lessons on
machining tool rebuilter. Listen to me and learn.
Thanks on you again,
Al Babin & Sons LLC
ISO complaint job shop, specializing in rebuilting and repairs of
precision machine tools. Custom plastic dip-sharpening of tool bits
and pool cues and covers.

John Hofstad-Parkhill

A very good friend of mine. I purchased the item via PayPal on his
behalf. He is in the middle of trying to achieve satisfaction and in the
long process of chasing people down eventually got on the phone with Mr.
Babin personally. There is ZERO doubt the source is Babin.

My take on Babin, after having been one of the early hits, is that he
does not have malice, but is in way over his head, and has an odd skew
towards ethics. It takes a LOT of work to make a deal right if it's wrong.

Jon Anderson said the following on 8/31/2005 9:14 PM:
John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:

This is confirmed.

By whom? Not exactly doubting, but might lend credence if you explained
how it was confirmed.

I just bought a Hardinge 3j chuck from the surplus_machinery ID. While
communication wasn't impressive, the items arrived in a timely fashion,
were in about the condition I expected for the price, and well packaged.

If it really is Babin, he's certainly cleaned up his act. So far anyway...

Jon

Nick Müller

Honest A Babin wrote:

look forwarned to more making happy customers.

~~~~~~~~
How do you spell "Freudian slip"?

Nick

--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

Jon Anderson

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:

A very good friend of mine.

Thanks for the update. I'd bid on the chuck and later that day, first
read about him being Babin. Too late to do anything other than
worry....G I did hold off bidding on a couple other items, waiting to
see if the chuck showed. I would consider buying again, but probably not
any high dollar items. Prefer solid, stable, consistent sellers.

Jon
Bob Engelhardt

John Hofstad-Parkhill wrote:
May have already been reported, but Babin is using surplus_machinery and

Well, surplus_machinery has a 99.3% positive feedback, with 1565
transactions. That passes my 1st criterion. Looking at the negative
feedback:
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

For quite a few of them, surplus_machinery's response was "buyer did not
even ask for refund", which, if true, makes you wonder about the
*buyer*. There does seem to be some legitimate complaints, but I don't
think that it's the old Babin that so many came to know and hate.

Bob
Christopher Tidy

ISO complaint job shop
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a nice slip too. I can't help but think that post might have been
made by a joker. :-)

Chris

Jon Anderson

Christopher Tidy wrote:

That's a nice slip too. I can't help but think that post might have been
made by a joker. :-)

Yeah, I've been wondering about this Sir Al Babin posting here. Either
it's the real Babin, or someone with a good sense of humor...G
(and I suspect the latter)

Jon
D Murphy

Jon Anderson wrote in
:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

That's a nice slip too. I can't help but think that post might have
been made by a joker. :-)

Yeah, I've been wondering about this Sir Al Babin posting here. Either
it's the real Babin, or someone with a good sense of humor...G
(and I suspect the latter)

I don't know about that. Check out this item's description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-
BADSAW_W0QQitemZ7541780350QQcategoryZ58259QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

--

Dan

Christopher Tidy

D Murphy wrote:
Jon Anderson wrote in
:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

That's a nice slip too. I can't help but think that post might have
been made by a joker. :-)

Yeah, I've been wondering about this Sir Al Babin posting here. Either
it's the real Babin, or someone with a good sense of humor...G
(and I suspect the latter)

I don't know about that. Check out this item's description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-
BADSAW_W0QQitemZ7541780350QQcategoryZ58259QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Maybe it is him. That's a pretty unfortunate slip up there, too.

Chris

John Hofstad-Parkhill

Al came through with three boards, two DOA, looks like one will be
servicable. This is consistent with my dealings & opinion of him. I
personally never did get the operating lever for my turret. Meh.

John Hofstad-Parkhill said the following on 8/31/2005 12:13 PM:
May have already been reported, but Babin is using surplus_machinery and
landry433 as ebay id's.

This is confirmed.

Honest A Babin

Al came through with three boards, two DOA, looks like one will be
servicable. This is consistent with my dealings & opinion of him. I
personally never did get the operating lever for my turret. Meh.

Thanks you for the kind words. One of my kids has the turrets so we
send what we can. He also makes the MEh sound sometimes and doctor
says ti is from the ticks. I post on three boards too but best people
are here. Rec Guns just saved my live and I for shooting old country
damascus barrel shotguns. I could have lost an arm or eye the way I
was going but for the grace of the Lord and the honest life helping the
people I'm still here to supporting my family with ebayers like you.
Sphero Fheeny was playing when he told me the old twist barrels could
take a 3" nitro loads I'm thinking. Can I use 12 ga slug in turkey
choker?
Thanks to again,
A Babin & Sons LLC
Certifiable ISO 9000 complaint job shop. rebuilting and repairing of
precisuon machine tools, custom pool cues and covers