Too_Many_Tools

Default OT - Google Error....Ever get it?

Just today I started getting the message shown below as I use Google
Groups....any ideas why?

I use Spybot, Ad-Aware and AVG which show no viruses or spyware present
on the only computer being used to access the Internet. As far as I
know, nothing has changed from what has been used for years.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

TMT

We're sorry...
.... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
Google.
To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:

Grant Erwin

Assume you're using Windows .. use the "Search" function to look for every .exe,
..zip, .tar, or .gzip file in your Windows "folder". If any of them look new or
strange then you may well have something Spybot doesn't catch. I don't monkey
with the others -- if Spybot doesn't get it I'll root it out manually.

Also look in your registry, at the item called
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
to see if there is anything weird or wonky in there.

If it isn't buried in your registry so it self-starts, and there aren't any new
..zip or .exe files then the chance you have spyware or malware is minimal.

These are really good tips I'm telling you. I maintain 7 PCs at my house and 4
of them are run by teenagers and man let me tell you these kids can pick up some
poopoo out there. I have fixed the hairiest kind of stuff.

GWE

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Grady

Those are all good apps, especially considering their costs. But one that I
think you should get, and it has a trial period, is from Trend Micro called
AntiSpyware. I ran all those you mentioned, add in High Jack This, and
Trend Micro app still found a nuisance virus. It also could be if your on a
broadband connection they were blocking a range of ip addresses because of
the mentioned problem, not necessarily yours.

ups.com...