himog

Default WTB Sieg C1 micro lathe.

Where can I buy a Sieg C1 micro lathe?

http://www.siegind.com/Products/br-c1-lathe.htm

Rex B

That's sold by several US vendors as the Shop Fox M1015.

Here's one: http://tool-corral.com/shopsite_sc/s...l/page115.html
Scroll to the bottom. While all the other machines rate a photo and
extensive description, the M1015 gets a part number and a price.

Also
Look on ebay Item number: 5994050800

- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

himog wrote:
Where can I buy a Sieg C1 micro lathe?

http://www.siegind.com/Products/br-c1-lathe.htm

himog

That seems to be it, but who else sells it?

I was expecting it to cost rather less than a 7x10 mini lathe.

Peter DiVergilio

oups.com...

Try: http://wttool.com/p/2007-0010

--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who

Rex B

himog wrote:
That seems to be it, but who else sells it?

I was expecting it to cost rather less than a 7x10 mini lathe.

Why? All the labor is the same, just a little less materials cost.
And since the Micro is apparently sold in far smaller quantities, the
economies of scale diminish accordingly.

himog

Because generally chinese lathes made by the same manufacturer tend to
have costs which are directly related to size. At least, within one
distributor's stock this seems to be the case. Eg, Enco, Harbor
Freight, etc. prices of Sieg lathes reflect that bigger tools cost more
than smaller tools.

Micro Marl 7X14 lathe delivery Bruce Murray Metalworking 1 April 2nd 05 05:41 PM
Unimat Micro Lathe - Source wanted CCSI Inc Metalworking 9 December 25th 04 09:55 PM
Micro Lathe C1 (SEIG manufactured, not TAIG) Hutch Metalworking 0 September 2nd 04 04:00 PM
micro lathe link Metalworking 0 March 24th 04 03:30 AM
Hobby shops with micro lathe and mill equipment? David Knaack Metalworking 16 January 21st 04 09:38 AM