Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SteveB

Default electric hoist question

I want to make an elevator of sorts for our newly acquired cabin. This is
because moving any appliances in and out is a bear the way the stairs,
railings, walkways, etc. are located.

I want to make a section of handrail removable, and make a hoist maybe 48"
square for lifting items like fridge, furniture, and wheelchair bound people
up to the level of the porch, a distance of about 8 feet.

Total weight I would guess at 1,000# max, and that is figuring at the most,
a fridge and two people. Platform would be about 250#.

So, I would put in a 2,000# capacity hoist.

Any suggestions of brand names? I imagine it would be used maybe 25 times a
year.

Steve