Cliff

Default OT - 23rd Qualm

[
The 23rd Qualm, The Bush Preyer

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want.

He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.

He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.

He restoreth my fears.

He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's
sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war, I will
find no exit, for thou art in office.

Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.

Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the pretense of thy
religion.

Thou annointest my head with foreign oil.

My health insurance runneth out.

Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days
of thy term,

And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.
]

In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:

Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.

Well maybe the tax cuts did nothing for YOU, but for Good Patriotic
Americans, they did a whole LOT!

Who do you identify with, the poor slobs who make no money and got no tax
breaks? Or the Good Rich People who make this country GREAT!?

Who do you think PAID the taxes in the first place? Who do you think give
you a JOB?

You Godless Liberals make me sick.

Tom Gardner

wrote in message
In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:

Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.

Well maybe the tax cuts did nothing for YOU, but for Good Patriotic
Americans, they did a whole LOT!

Who do you identify with, the poor slobs who make no money and got no tax
breaks? Or the Good Rich People who make this country GREAT!?

Who do you think PAID the taxes in the first place? Who do you think give
you a JOB?

You Godless Liberals make me sick.

Cliff gets sucked into the drama but even HE voted for Bush...twice, and
that was just in '04...a true Democrat, but not even HE is stupid enough to
vote Democratic.

SteveF

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:

Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.

Well maybe the tax cuts did nothing for YOU, but for Good Patriotic
Americans, they did a whole LOT!

Who do you identify with, the poor slobs who make no money and got no tax
breaks? Or the Good Rich People who make this country GREAT!?

Who do you think PAID the taxes in the first place? Who do you think
give
you a JOB?

You Godless Liberals make me sick.

Cliff gets sucked into the drama but even HE voted for Bush...twice, and
that was just in '04...a true Democrat, but not even HE is stupid enough
to vote Democratic.

Actually, I think the intellectual failure on the part of Cliff and other
members of the "Angry Left" is that they are not smart enough to realize
that every time they open their mouths or post another OT rant, all it does
is cause another bunch of moderate Democrats to vow never to vote for
another Democrat (liberal) again. I live in rural North Carolina (a
yellow-dog Democratic state up until about 25 years ago and still mostly
Democrat at the local level) and decided to make a count of signs for the
last election. Bush/Cheney outnumbered Kerry/Edwards by 6 to 1. Heck, even
California and Massachusetts have Republican governors now. No telling how
many Democrats switched parties after Durbin's last diatribe but I'd bet
it's a bunch. I really don't think this country should have a one party
government, but that's where we are heading as long as the Angry Left runs
the Democratic Party.

Steve.

Jim Newell

I support acknowledgement of Steve....

The Democrats who have not gone "over the edge" realize their extreme
position is killing their party.

The following was taken from a "Hate Bush Site":

So today, I compiled a list of ten people I know who voted Republican and
gave them each a call, in which I basically laid out the real heart of the
progressive philosophy in simple terms they could understand.

"RACIST BIGOT GAY-BASHING FASCIST MORON!" I screamed into the phone after
dialing my first number. "BIGOT FASCIST RIGHT-WING IDIOT HATEMONGER!!!!"
"Why are you screaming at me?" Grandma asked. "This state went to Kerry
anyway."

"NO THANKS TO YOU, YOU INTOLERANT EVANGELICAL NAZI WHORE!" I shouted.

"Jeezus!" Grandma gasped.

"STOP FORCING YOUR RELIGION ON ME YOU NAZI BIGOT MORON!" I demanded, and
hung up the phone. Jesus indeed!

The next eight calls were less cordial, and I received some very
un-christianlike remarks from my targets before they rudely hung up. My, my,
my! The hateful bile that comes out of the mouths of these "compassionate
conservative" hypocrites!

Call number ten was out of town, but I left a convincing message on his
machine. Tonight, I'm going over to spray paint "NAZI LIVES HERE" on his
garage door. If that doesn't win his heart over to our side, nothing will.

[...]

Gunner

wrote in message
[...]

Well said. The fringe kooks have taken over the Democratic Party..and
as such..they have nothing to hang their hats on politically, except
hate of the Right and obstructionism. Even during the last election,
it was not what they could do for the country..but "anyone but Bush"

They are incapable of compromise..compromise to them means that
conservatives should agree with their agendas and no less.

Why on gods green earth would they tout the two most leftwing
extremist candidates as presidential material? Leiberman for example
may have had a very good chance of winning. The only problem is..is
that the Left hates him for being a non fringe kook.

The Democratic Party reminds me of the Titanic..the lites are still
on, the band is playing as loud as it can, the rats have already
deserted the ship, the smart ones have cast off in lifeboats..and only
the insane are still dancing to the music as the bow slips under
water.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
Gunner

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:15:26 GMT, "Jim Newell"
wrote:

[...]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so true!

wrote in message
[...]

One party will rule as long as their propaganda machine continues to
brainwash the stupid.

Hal

The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed,
for the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more
easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The
primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a
big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies,
but would be ashamed to tell big lies. Adolf Hitler

All propaganda must be so popular and on such an intellectual level,
that even the most stupid of those toward whom it is directed will
understand it... Through clever and constant application of
propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the
other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as
paradise. Adolf Hitler

Steve.

carl mciver

"SteveF" wrote in message
. com...
SNIP

| Actually, I think the intellectual failure on the part of Cliff and other
| members of the "Angry Left" is that they are not smart enough to realize
| that every time they open their mouths or post another OT rant, all it
does
| is cause another bunch of moderate Democrats to vow never to vote for
| another Democrat (liberal) again. I live in rural North Carolina (a
| yellow-dog Democratic state up until about 25 years ago and still mostly
| Democrat at the local level) and decided to make a count of signs for the
| last election. Bush/Cheney outnumbered Kerry/Edwards by 6 to 1. Heck,
even
| California and Massachusetts have Republican governors now. No telling
how
| many Democrats switched parties after Durbin's last diatribe but I'd bet
| it's a bunch. I really don't think this country should have a one party
| government, but that's where we are heading as long as the Angry Left runs
| the Democratic Party.
|
| Steve.

When my mother, who's in her 70's in Texas, told me recently that she
was just fed plain up with the Democratic Party and was voting for
Republicans, I had to resist the temptation to give a little whoop. One
more former Democrat switched!

SteveF

[...]

Your statement is absolutely correct. Unfortunately for the liberals who
control the mainstream media, most people in this country aren't stupid.
Although apparently enough in certain areas are to keep Clinton, Durbin,
Lautenberg, Schumer and Pelosi in office.

Steve.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:23:19 GMT, "SteveF" wrote:

[...]

Oh, pah-LEEEZE. Not that "liberal press" lie again. Look at who owns
the media. Describe how they can possibly be liberals.

Hal

Steve.

Cliff

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:23:19 GMT, "SteveF" wrote:

Your statement is absolutely correct. Unfortunately for the liberals who
control the mainstream media,

Like Faux "news"?

most people in this country aren't stupid.

And you are foorp of that, right?

Although apparently enough in certain areas are to keep Clinton, Durbin,
Lautenberg, Schumer and Pelosi in office.

Found those "WMDs" yet?
Not smart enough, eh?
--
Cliff

Gunner

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:45:25 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Your statement is absolutely correct. Unfortunately for the liberals who
control the mainstream media, most people in this country aren't stupid.
Although apparently enough in certain areas are to keep Clinton, Durbin,
Lautenberg, Schumer and Pelosi in office.

Steve.

Don't forget Teddy!

For Democrats, a Troubling Culture Gap

By Dan Balz

Wednesday, August 10, 2005; Page A08

Dissatisfaction over the war in Iraq, the economy and rising health
care costs might spell trouble for Republicans, but a study by
Democratic strategists warns that their party's failure to connect
with voters on cultural issues could prevent Democratic candidates
from reaping gains in upcoming national elections.

Democrats have expressed bewilderment over Republican gains among
lower-income, less-educated voters, saying they are voting against
their economic self-interest by supporting Republican candidates. But
the new Democracy Corps study concludes that cultural issues trump
economic issues by a wide margin for many of these voters -- giving
the GOP a significant electoral advantage.

Politics Trivia
Who was the first sitting member of Congress to travel in space?

John Glenn
Bill Nelson
Lloyd Bentsen
Connie Mack

The study is based on focus groups of rural voters in Wisconsin and
Arkansas and disaffected supporters of President Bush in Colorado and
Kentucky. The good news for Democrats: All the groups expressed
dissatisfaction with the direction of the country and with the
leadership of the president and the GOP-controlled Congress.

Then came the bad news: "As powerful as the concern over these issues
is, the introduction of cultural themes -- specifically gay marriage,
abortion, the importance of the traditional family unit and the role
of religion in public life -- quickly renders them almost irrelevant
in terms of electoral politics at the national level," the study said.

Many of these voters still favor Democrats on economic issues. But
they see the Democrats as weak on national security, and on cultural
and moral issues, they view Democrats as both inconsistent and hostile
to traditional values. "Most referred to Democrats as 'liberal' on
issues of morality, but some even go so far as to label them
'immoral,' 'morally bankrupt,' or even 'anti-religious,' " according
to the Democracy Corps analysis.

Democrats Karl Agne and Stan Greenberg, who conducted the focus group,
said Democrats need a reform-oriented, anti-Washington agenda to
overcome the culture gap. At this point, Democrats are in no position
to capitalize if there is a clear backlash against Republicans. "No
matter how disaffected they are over Republican failures in Iraq and
here at home," they said, "a large chunk of white, non-college voters,
particularly in rural areas, will remain unreachable for Democrats at
the national level."

Rep. Harris in Senate Race

Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.), whose role in the presidential recount
in 2000 made her one of the most reviled and revered Republicans in
the country, formally launched her campaign for the Senate yesterday,
hoping to unseat Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.).

Republicans believe Nelson can be beaten in 2006, but many of them do
not think Harris, given her actions when she was Florida secretary of
state, is the candidate to do it. Both the White House and Florida
Gov. Jeb Bush (R) tried to encourage Florida House Speaker Allan Bense
to seek the GOP nomination, but last week he said he preferred to stay
focused on state legislative business.

Harris still rankles over the coverage she received during the Florida
recount, telling radio talk show host Sean Hannity recently that she
found attention to her hair and makeup "personally painful." She
blamed the problem on manipulation of her photos. "Whenever they made
fun of my makeup," she said, "it was because the newspapers colorized
my photograph."

Early polls show Nelson leading Harris, but Democrats expect a
competitive race.

Bloomberg Cruising

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg (R) continues to cruise toward
reelection in November, with half of the voters in the heavily
Democratic city saying he deserves reelection and a majority saying he
is doing a good job as the successor to former mayor Rudy Giuliani.

A new Marist poll shows Bloomberg with double-digit leads over
potential Democratic challengers. Even among Democratic voters, the
mayor runs roughly even with all of those possible challengers. Party
loyalty appears to be a non-factor in the mayoral race: 62 percent of
those surveyed said it does not matter whether the mayor is a
Republican or a Democrat.

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
Tom Gardner

I own an Australian shepherd bitch that I cant stop from raiding the
cat box. That means I approve?

Now, if you could just teach the cats to eat the dog poop, you could have a
"Perpetual Motion" system. You might have to refresh the poop when it comes
out clear.

Bob Brock

wrote in message
[...]

NC was mostly Democratic because people remembered that great
Republican President (Hurbert Hoover). Those people died and their
children didn't realize how right the ole folk were about the
Republicans being the party for the rich.

They are learning though. Every time I hear someone complain about
the price at the pumps, I ask them what did they expect? The energy
companies post record profits at the expense of the rest of us. The
response by the one party controlled governemt is to pass an energy
bill giving them tax bresks and federal money to spend so that they
don't have to spend those profits.

No wonder the energy companies celebrated when Bush took office. The
housing market is set up for a correction. We continue to post record
debts fighting a war that has proven itself to be unjustified in Iraq.
The energy crunch is just beginning and people will think about it
more when they pay heating costs in a few months and they have to pay
about 75 percent more this year than they did at last years
unjustified prices.

People will remember just as a whole generation remembered Hoover
days. It simply doesn't get any better than it is already.
Bob Brock

[...]

Damn, I'm surprised that you admitted that!!!!!!

BSEG

Pat

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:38:33 GMT, "SteveF" wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message

[...]

Every time I read a post from a liberal complaining that the
Conservatives, Republicans, Libertarians are all liars, and that their
programs are all lies, I am reminded of a very pertinent quote, I wish I
could remember who to give credit to for it. ..."The curse of the liar
is not that no one will believe him....... but that he can believe no one"

--
Email: patlandy_at_verizon.net
HELP GROW THE ECONOMY, SUPPORT THE FAIRTAX.
Gunner

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:28:18 GMT, Pat

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:38:33 GMT, "SteveF" wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message

[...]

Oooooo...Well said Sir...well said indeed.

Gunner