JR North

Default OT? Made a new Toneau cover for my twuck

Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Ken Sterling

Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Last two pictures ... ... nice twees....
Ken.

PrecisionMachinisT

"JR North" wrote in message
Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

Twains need twacks.....

But twucks wun on woads.

--

SVL

Ken Sterling

Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

I would think that spanning the width of the bed, and having the
hinges located between the panels, that you would have a problem with
rainwater being funnelled down into the bed??? I have seen some with
a "bowed" framework (all one piece) that hinged in the front and
raised up for access from the tailgate end. Nice job, BTW.
Ken.
JR North

The hinges are countersunk into the edges of the panels, so the panels
actually close flush with each other. They are not 100% watertight
seams, but with a little tree junk in there.... The center support
panels crown the center of the Tonneau about 3/8", providing positive
run-off.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ken Sterling wrote:
Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

I would think that spanning the width of the bed, and having the
hinges located between the panels, that you would have a problem with
rainwater being funnelled down into the bed??? I have seen some with
a "bowed" framework (all one piece) that hinged in the front and
raised up for access from the tailgate end. Nice job, BTW.
Ken.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Ken Sterling

Ken Sterling wrote:
Pics on my website:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
See the Toneau link

JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

I would think that spanning the width of the bed, and having the
hinges located between the panels, that you would have a problem with
rainwater being funnelled down into the bed??? I have seen some with
a "bowed" framework (all one piece) that hinged in the front and
raised up for access from the tailgate end. Nice job, BTW.
Ken.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Okay, gotcha. Couldn't see the 3/8" in the photos. Nice job. How
big of sheets of that vinyl can you buy? Could it be done in one big
blanket over the entire cover? BTW, the outside of your cover is
nicer than the inside of my car G
Ken.

JR North

The vinyl comes in 56" bolts, and you buy it by the linear yard. It's
cheap- $5 a yard or so depending on where you go. I chose burgundy
because the interior of the truck is so, also the trim on the side of
the MaXum. They HAVE to match, ya know. The Tonneau measures 72.5" wide,
so no, you can't cover a single large panel with one piece.
JR
Dweller in the cellar