Jim Geib

Default Help me id this bench vise

I have this bench vise I would like to find the manfg. of. The only markings
on it is a group of three letters. a mirror image of the upper case F, it's
little arms to the left.An upper case P right beside it, with an upper case
U under the two letters with the lages of the FP inside the U. The vise is
all cast iron, with the back jaw the movable and set in dovetail in the main
body.
Any ideas anyone

Thank You
Jim Geib
Mansfield, ohio

MM

Jim,

I have one very similar. Back jaw moves instead of the front. Very stout

The logo's different thought. It has an upper case "P" inside a circle, with
a double ended arrow through the leg of the "P".

All I know about it is that it was made in Poland.

Mark

"Jim Geib" wrote in message
. ..
I have this bench vise I would like to find the manfg. of. The only

markings
on it is a group of three letters. a mirror image of the upper case F,

it's
little arms to the left.An upper case P right beside it, with an upper

case
U under the two letters with the lages of the FP inside the U. The vise is
all cast iron, with the back jaw the movable and set in dovetail in the

main
body.
Any ideas anyone

Thank You
Jim Geib
Mansfield, ohio

Jim Geib

I like mine alot, I make bending sheetmetal bending dies, with the moveable
jaw set in dovetail it works great. I would like to see what other products
they make.
Thank for the reply

Jim Geib
Mansfield, Ohio
"MM" wrote in message
m...
Jim,

I have one very similar. Back jaw moves instead of the front. Very stout

The logo's different thought. It has an upper case "P" inside a circle,
with
a double ended arrow through the leg of the "P".

All I know about it is that it was made in Poland.

Mark

"Jim Geib" wrote in message
. ..
I have this bench vise I would like to find the manfg. of. The only

markings
on it is a group of three letters. a mirror image of the upper case F,

it's
little arms to the left.An upper case P right beside it, with an upper

case
U under the two letters with the lages of the FP inside the U. The vise
is
all cast iron, with the back jaw the movable and set in dovetail in the

main
body.
Any ideas anyone

Thank You
Jim Geib
Mansfield, ohio

Joseph Gwinn

In article ,
"Jim Geib" wrote:

I have this bench vise I would like to find the manfg. of. The only markings
on it is a group of three letters. a mirror image of the upper case F, it's
little arms to the left.An upper case P right beside it, with an upper case
U under the two letters with the lages of the FP inside the U. The vise is
all cast iron, with the back jaw the movable and set in dovetail in the main
body.

I have a vice that sounds similar, but not marked with FPU, but it is
marked "India" (on the washer that keeps the main screw in place). I
bought this vice in a surplus place, and have no idea how it got here
from India.

Joe Gwinn
Jim Geib

Joe,

I have had mine completly apart and I have not found any "made in xxx" The
vise seems to well constructed for India more like maybe Poland.

Thank you for your reply
Jim Geib
Mansfield, Ohio