Jim Geib

Joe,

I have had mine completly apart and I have not found any "made in xxx" The
vise seems to well constructed for India more like maybe Poland.

Thank you for your reply
Jim Geib
Mansfield, Ohio

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jim Geib" wrote:

I have this bench vise I would like to find the manfg. of. The only
markings
on it is a group of three letters. a mirror image of the upper case F,
it's
little arms to the left.An upper case P right beside it, with an upper
case
U under the two letters with the lages of the FP inside the U. The vise
is
all cast iron, with the back jaw the movable and set in dovetail in the
main
body.

I have a vice that sounds similar, but not marked with FPU, but it is
marked "India" (on the washer that keeps the main screw in place). I
bought this vice in a surplus place, and have no idea how it got here
from India.

Joe Gwinn