kthr33

Default Material Grades?

Currently we are attempting to discover what grades of Monel are
commonly available and the machinability of each. This is always a
problem for us when the material requirement is something other than
steel or aluminum. We have tried to use MatWeb many times in the past,
but that site is overwhelming and we have never been able to use it
successfully. It's obviously designed for those higher up the foodchain
then us. Finding info about Monel, Titanium, and Copper are the biggest
problems for us. We would really enjoy hearing how others find this
type of information. All ideas, comments, and suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Rich Grise

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:44:44 -0700, kthr33 wrote:

Currently we are attempting to discover what grades of Monel are
commonly available and the machinability of each. This is always a
problem for us when the material requirement is something other than
steel or aluminum. We have tried to use MatWeb many times in the past,
but that site is overwhelming and we have never been able to use it
successfully. It's obviously designed for those higher up the foodchain
then us. Finding info about Monel, Titanium, and Copper are the biggest
problems for us. We would really enjoy hearing how others find this
type of information. All ideas, comments, and suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Have you tried asking the vendor?

Good Luck!
Rich

Martin H. Eastburn

kthr33 wrote:

Currently we are attempting to discover what grades of Monel are
commonly available and the machinability of each. This is always a
problem for us when the material requirement is something other than
steel or aluminum. We have tried to use MatWeb many times in the past,
but that site is overwhelming and we have never been able to use it
successfully. It's obviously designed for those higher up the foodchain
then us. Finding info about Monel, Titanium, and Copper are the biggest
problems for us. We would really enjoy hearing how others find this
type of information. All ideas, comments, and suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Here is a good book - a bit pricey but contains what you seek.

http://www.afsinc.org/estore/srch_De...rderNum=OS9902
~ 225.00 USD.

It looks like the price is the same as when I bought the book and joined AFS.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life