Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TrailRat

Default I need a favour/help from a UK metal turner

I'm looking to get some "dust caps" made for the sockets on my car.
These sockets are on the roof posts and are for the bolts to the roof
bars. There are 4 on each side. 2 on the A post and 2 on the B post.
The plastic ones have become very brittle and a majority have become
damaged or lost. I was hoping to get replacements made from metal
(aluminum) but have been told that I'm looking at a very hefty figure
of =A3500. I lack the skill and equipment to do this myself and was
wondering anyone would mind telling me wether this was a reasonable
sum. Each "dust cap" would be about 10-15mm long. The head would have
to be at least 10mm across and 2mm thick. It would also require a torx
or allen key slot to be cut in the top. So am I being reasonable or
could this be about right.

Many Thanks

Oh and here are pictures of the sockets in question

[IMG]ht=
tp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/TrailRat/th_Dscf0052.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]ht=
tp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/TrailRat/th_Dscf0053.jpg[/IMG]

TrailRat

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
Does polishing one or both surfaces reduce metal to metal friction? SA Development Metalworking 5 June 7th 05 01:19 AM
Tool wanted to cut metal slot Jan UK diy 15 March 11th 04 08:49 PM
Creating very light hollow metal ornaments Marin Metalworking 4 January 23rd 04 02:41 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM