Bob AZ

Default Tool for Inserting Roll Pins??

Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Grant Erwin

Bob AZ wrote:

Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

I ground a tit on a punch tip once that just fit into a roll pin of a size I had
to do a bunch of. It helped quite a bit, since the roll pin would then sit
axially on the tip of the punch. One hand for the hammer, the other hand holding
the punch with the roll pin on the end, stick the roll pin in the hole and hit
the punch. After the roll pin gets started you switch to a different punch, of
course.

GWE
Leo Lichtman

"Grant Erwin" wrote: I ground a tit on a punch tip once that just fit into
a roll pin of a size I had (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I accomplished the same thing by wrapping a few turns of masking tape over
the punch and roll-pin. Advantage is you don't mess up a good punch.

Tom Gardner

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Real men just use their thumbs!

bw

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

There are roll pin drivers. A half sphere extends into the roll pins inner
diameter. comes in standard sets.

Larry Jaques

On 16 Jul 2005 21:36:43 -0700, the opaque "Bob AZ"
clearly wrote:

Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

I've always used channel lock pliers to install automotive roll pins
in areas not conducive to a drift & hammer. They're my favorite
portable, hand-held press.

-
Gently-used Firestone tires for sale at discount!
-----------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
jim rozen

In article , nospam says...

Real men just use their thumbs!

*Real* real men use their teeth!!

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Grant Erwin says...

I ground a tit on a punch tip once that just fit into a roll pin of a size I had
to do a bunch of.

Brownells actually sells sets like that IIRC. It's a nice
idea.

Jim

please reply to:

john

Bob AZ wrote:

Is there a simple tool for inserting and removing Roll Pins? Besides a
hammer and drift punch?

Thanks
Bob AZ

YOu can get a cheap set of transfer punches.

John

Time Traveler

I used a cheap import vise-grip type plier and drilled a hole through
the jaws where they meet.You can then preload tension on the pin and set
it with a hammer.