joelholio

Default Stainless Steel Welding with sp-135?

I own a Lincoln SP-135. I've read articles that say it doesn't produce
enough amps to weld 14 gauge stainless. I've read other articles that say
it is. The question is; should I get the argon mix bottle and stainless
wire or not? As a simple wire feed welder it's great but I need to get some
stainless things welded!

Any help is appreciated!
jerry wass

joelholio wrote:
I own a Lincoln SP-135. I've read articles that say it doesn't produce
enough amps to weld 14 gauge stainless. I've read other articles that say
it is. The question is; should I get the argon mix bottle and stainless
wire or not? As a simple wire feed welder it's great but I need to get some
stainless things welded!

Any help is appreciated!

There seems to be a difference in the melting points between S.Steel &
carbon steel--I tried to weld (tig) some plain ole steel with S.S. rod
and the rod wanted to melt & run off instead of fusing with the base
metal. I don't know how the reverse would work, but you do need
the Argon-or a mix- for shielding.