Default Formula for amount of gravel I need

Been looking online but am not apparently punching in the right
keywords. What is the formula for finding the about of gravel I need
for approximately a 20 feet by 20 feet square. (For extending my
turnaround.)

Errol Groff

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:49:41 GMT, Ignoramus23776
wrote:

volume in cubic feet is the product of the lengths of sides in cubic
feet. So, if you have a rectangular lot that is 20 by 20 by 0.5 foot
(0.5 being the depth of gravel), your volume is 20*20*0.5 = 200 cubic
feet of gravel. A cubic yard is 9 cubic feet, so, in this example, you
would need 200/9 = 22.2 cubic yards of gravel.

A cubic yard is 27 cubic feet. 3*3*3 = 37

So 200/27 is 8 yards of gravel

Errol Groff
Greg Postma

Errol Groff wrote:

A cubic yard is 27 cubic feet. 3*3*3 = 37

So 200/27 is 8 yards of gravel

If the stone yard/mill/mine sells by weight, you will need about 10-10.5
tons.

8 yards times 2600# per yard equals 20,800# or 10.5 tons.
(based on the weight of crush and run limestone).
RoyJ

You can also figure around 3400 pounds per yard so the 8 yards would be
27,000 pounds or 13-1/2 tons.

Errol Groff wrote:

volume in cubic feet is the product of the lengths of sides in cubic
feet. So, if you have a rectangular lot that is 20 by 20 by 0.5 foot
(0.5 being the depth of gravel), your volume is 20*20*0.5 = 200 cubic
feet of gravel. A cubic yard is 9 cubic feet, so, in this example, you
would need 200/9 = 22.2 cubic yards of gravel.

A cubic yard is 27 cubic feet. 3*3*3 = 37

Errol: that is **27**

So 200/27 is 8 yards of gravel

Errol Groff

Nick Müller

I need for approximately a 20 feet by 20 feet square.

That's about 6,1m x 6,1m. Assuming you make it 0,15m high, you get about
5,6 cubic meters.

BTW: Don't believe the other posters that do their math in feet and
yard, these are _illegal_ units! :-P

Nick

--
Motormodelle / Engine Models:
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Steve W.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Been looking online but am not apparently punching in the right
keywords. What is the formula for finding the about of gravel I need
for approximately a 20 feet by 20 feet square. (For extending my
turnaround.)

About 10 1/2 ton IF using #2 crushed.
More if using smaller

Formula??? I just punch it into my Project Calc Plus (10 bucks at Home
Depot and came with a 12 foot tape measure as well)

RoyJ

Robert Nichols wrote:
In article ,
Roy wrote:
:27 cubic feet = a cu yd
:NOT 9

Shhhh!!!!

I want to hear his lament about having 22 cubic yards of gravel in
a huge pile at the end of his driveway. ]-)

Gerald Miller

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:26:27 +0000 (UTC), Robert Nichols
wrote:

In article ,
Roy wrote:
:27 cubic feet = a cu yd
:NOT 9

Shhhh!!!!

I want to hear his lament about having 22 cubic yards of gravel in
a huge pile at the end of his driveway. ]-)

Not as bad as the church men's club who got the idea of paving a
couple of parking spots for the minister and organist with hot mixed
asphalt - Fortunately the truck driver was a quick thinker who knew
that there was a crew just finishing a driveway nearby.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Tim Williams

"Nick Müller" wrote in message
That's about 6,1m x 6,1m.

Six, "1m x 6", "1m". What's this list mean?

BTW: Don't believe the other posters that do their math in feet and
yard, these are _illegal_ units! :-P

Imperial is still legal in USA. :-P~

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Why dont you take a long walk off a short pier.

Nick Müller

Tim Williams wrote:

Six, "1m x 6", "1m". What's this list mean?

You got me trapped! :-[
We use "," as a decimal seperator. Read "6.1m x 6.1m" etc.

Imperial is still legal in USA. :-P~

Metrical law enforcement troops are on their way ...

;-)

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models:
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Ellwe 2FB * VTM 87 * DLM-S3a * cubic
more to come ...

Gravel drive for car access Glenn UK diy 25 May 30th 05 01:03 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 2 August 23rd 04 09:11 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
how do I attach gravel board to metpost? R UK diy 2 December 6th 03 05:21 PM