Default Advice needed on flushing hydraulic oil

I've got a surface grinder the boss just bought and was planning on
draining what I could and then flushing lines with mineral spirits.
Wonder about the pump and getting it clean and the proper way to go
about this. My Vickers book had nothing to say and I figured some
genius on this board would know all about it
Ken

I am not an expert, but my first thought would be to use ATF. It ought
to work nearly as well as mineral spirits for cleaning.

Dan

PrecisionMachinisT

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a surface grinder the boss just bought and was planning on
draining what I could and then flushing lines with mineral spirits.
Wonder about the pump and getting it clean and the proper way to go
about this. My Vickers book had nothing to say and I figured some
genius on this board would know all about it
Ken

Just leave it alone--really no sense in stirring up ****.

Go ahead and change any filters, but suggest don't "fix it" unless it's
actually broken.

--

SVL

Gunner

On 8 Jul 2005 20:04:13 -0700, "
wrote:

I am not an expert, but my first thought would be to use ATF. It ought
to work nearly as well as mineral spirits for cleaning.

Dan

I agree. And have done exactly this.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown