Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter Grey

Default Cincinnati Toolmaster vertical mill

Hi,

My brother in law has in effect offered to give me a Cincinnati Toolmaster
vertical mill with an infinitely variable speed head for free. It's
relatively local and wouldn't cost a ton to move. It has an undetermined
amount of tooling with it, but he says it's in good shape. I've heard that
collets are hard to find (although it may be fully set up), but that the
Toolmasters were nice machines.

I'm going to take a look at it, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts
about these machines: things to look out for, strengths, weaknesses, typical
problem areas? Suggestions?

Peter