Harold and Susan Vordos

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi,

My brother in law has in effect offered to give me a Cincinnati Toolmaster
vertical mill with an infinitely variable speed head for free. It's
relatively local and wouldn't cost a ton to move. It has an undetermined
amount of tooling with it, but he says it's in good shape. I've heard

that
collets are hard to find (although it may be fully set up), but that the
Toolmasters were nice machines.

I'm going to take a look at it, but I'm wondering if anyone has any

thoughts
about these machines: things to look out for, strengths, weaknesses,

typical
problem areas? Suggestions?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yeah, I have a thought. Get it, and don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
It's a far better machine than is a Bridgeport (I own a BP) that will serve
you well, even if you have to lay down some cash for collets.

Good luck! Tell us how well you like it after you get it set up.

Harold