Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DeepDiver

Default Using BOAT TRAILER for hauling CARGO?

"Ignoramus28572" wrote in message
.. .
I have this trailer:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/12-f...raft-Seafarer/

I would like to know if it is safe, or legal, to convert it for
hauling cargo, AS WELL AS the boat. Like adding plywood and removable
stakes etc.

I don't know about legal (and I'm sure that would depend on the laws of
*your* state). But I see no physical/mechanical reason why it couldn't be
done safely, although you will very likely have to weld on some additional
square tube framing and support members to ensure that it's strong enough.

- Michael

Bought another boat -- $120.00 12 ft Starcraft with trailer Real Name Metalworking 8 July 3rd 05 06:22 PM
PAINTING MILD STEEL for boat trailer guide base? Grant Erwin Metalworking 6 June 27th 05 07:24 PM
Making boat trailer guides IBNFSHN Metalworking 4 June 15th 05 04:18 AM
New Delta planer todd Woodworking 9 August 22nd 03 09:59 PM
OT - Unbraked trailer safety requirements *Secondary Couplings* Richard Savage UK diy 0 July 19th 03 02:12 PM