IBNFSHN

Default Making boat trailer guides

I believe you can buy 30 deg elbows.

"Ignoramus32489" wrote in message
I have a 21 foot, very HEAVY, 21 year old old 20 foot boat Celebrity 210.

I often go boating on a local river and retrieving the boat is a HUGE
PAIN due to strong cross current.

I bought some PVC Fulton guides, which were a total pain and
completely worthless.

I would like to make my own boat guides, preferably from regular water
pipe (say 2" pipe).

I can make them from straight sections, that would have to attach to
the 2x4" rectangular galvanized frame, and slope at the rate of 1/3,
that is: for 38 inches of rise, they would have to move away from the
bottom by about 12 inches.

It should be relatively straightforward, except that I am not sure how
to attach the pipe to the frame with a 30 degree angle.

I do not have access to a welding machine.

Any suggestions?

Bowgus

Maybe make a "cradle" type structure with the pipe/elbows threaded together
(maybe you have a buddy that's a plumber?) to match your trailer width, and
bolt that (Ubolts) to the trailer.

I would like to make my own boat guides, preferably from regular water

pipe (say 2" pipe).

SoFarrell

"Bowgus" wrote in message
Maybe make a "cradle" type structure with the pipe/elbows threaded
together
(maybe you have a buddy that's a plumber?) to match your trailer width,
and
bolt that (Ubolts) to the trailer.

I would like to make my own boat guides, preferably from regular water

pipe (say 2" pipe).

I have an aluminum girder trailer. I drilled some holes in the alumunum, got
some hard nylon gaskets and attached the usual uprights and brackets with
stainless steel hardware. The plastic gaskets isolate the aluminum from the
stainless steel. Four years of frequent salt water dunks and no corrosion or
rust at these fittings.

Grady

Yes, 30 degree galvanized elbows, which will be threaded on each end, and
floor flanges or scutcheons, already drilled to bolt to the frame. Thread
the elbows in and work upwards from there.

"Dry" wrote in message
Fiberglass