On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:17:16 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:07:22 GMT, Ignoramus28572
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:49:21 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

Iggy..unless you have a parking issue, personally Id pick up a utility
trailer specific to moving Stuff, and be done with it. They can be
had for very little money if you scrounge well, or can be build in
your garage.

(Insert diety of your choice) knows Ive been through the gamet of
various ways to move Stuff, and none of them have been particularly
satisfactory until I managed to scrounge actual trailers designed to
move Stuff. I actually had a boat trailer modified to move Stuff..and
it really really sucked. Shrug..YMMV of course.

Usually a lot better to modify a "stuff" trailer to move a small boat
than modifying a small boat trailer to carry "stuff" A set of "car-top
carriers" mounted to the trailer works pretty good.(and you can carry
"stuff" underneath it.

But given your predilection for mil-surplus stuff..I think if I were
you..Id pick up at least a 5x8 single or double axle flat bed trailer.
You really dont Need trailer brakes at that size, though its far and
away better once you start moving 1500lbs or more.

Im trying to decide if I want to add electric or surge brakes to mine,
or upgrade to a bigger trailer, though my tow vehicle is about at the
max now..so would need something bigger to pull more Stuff. Ive got a
3/4 Chevy van parked in the back yard with a bad tranny, thats not
been on the road for at least 8 yrs, that might get repaired and put
on the road just for moving Stuff..but the upkeep and fuel costs here
in California are steep enough that Id have to think really hard about
doing this.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown