Theron King

Default Need a power cord for a K. O. Lee B600 grinder

Just came into possession of a K. O. Lee model B600 tool grinder/surface
grinder. It did not come with a power cord. Any one know where I can
find the three pronged female plug so that I can make a cord?

As for why I have it, well the price was right (gas for the truck to
pick it up!).

Thanks,

Theron
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Theron King wrote:
Just came into possession of a K. O. Lee model B600 tool grinder/surface
grinder. It did not come with a power cord. Any one know where I can
find the three pronged female plug so that I can make a cord?

I have no idea what the connector looks like. Could you do a
photo of it and post it to the dropbox http://www.metalorking.com?

There have been a large number of power connectors through the
years, and other connectors pressed into service as power connectors
even though they were not designed for the function, so a photo would
help.

K.O. Lee is a US maker, I believe, so that may reduce the number
of choices somewhat -- though perhaps not enough. :-) Toss in the
connectors used in all the other possible countries and it really gets
extreme.

And some of the connectors once used in the US are now no loger
legal for safety reasons, so you will only find them in used condition.
In particular, I am thinking of one which once was common on electronic
test equipment, and was phased out sometime between 1960 and 1970 in
favor of the current IEC connector from Europe. The one I am thinking
of has a molded connector on the end of the power cord with three round
pins. The two end ones are at a common height, and the center one (the
safety ground) is somewhat below the line between the two end ones. The
end of the connector looks sort of like this (View in a fixed pitch
font):
_______________________
/ \
( O O )
\___________O___________/

with the center one a bit higher than is possible with ASCII graphics,
and the ends more a half-round shape than I can manage with ASCII
graphics.

If it is one of those, I have, I think, two such cords
surviving, and will not part with either, as I have more old equipment
than I have cords to fit. :-)

As for why I have it, well the price was right (gas for the truck to
pick it up!).

That sounds good enough. It makes it economical to replace the
connector on the grinder if need be, if you can't find a mate for the
existing one.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:00:11 -0500, Theron King
wrote:

Just came into possession of a K. O. Lee model B600 tool grinder/surface
grinder. It did not come with a power cord. Any one know where I can
find the three pronged female plug so that I can make a cord?

As for why I have it, well the price was right (gas for the truck to
pick it up!).

DoN Nichols has it pretty well covered - Put up a photo of the
flanged inlet connector on the machine now somewhere we can get to it,
and we can probably direct you to a source for a mating cord cap.

And if it's one of the discontinued oddball ones like the old
Hubbell Midget Twistlock (with the center ground pin and two or three
curved hot prongs around it) we can direct you towards a replacement
'flanged inlet' plug that will fit on the machine panel. (And not
send the OSHA inspector into conniption fits when he sees it.)

Worst case, you pull out the old flanged inlet and put a strain
relief in the hole, and an old-fashioned line cord and cord cap on the
machine.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Grant Erwin

wrote:

Just came into possession of a K. O. Lee model B600 tool grinder/surface
grinder. It did not come with a power cord. Any one know where I can
find the three pronged female plug so that I can make a cord?

As for why I have it, well the price was right (gas for the truck to
pick it up!).

Call K.O. Lee and ask their parts guy.

It used to be Doug at 605-225-5820, x175 -- good luck.

GWE

Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Gun control vindicated Cliff Metalworking 45 February 1st 05 07:38 AM
How does a 110volt 2 speed motor work 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 11 October 11th 04 09:15 PM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Computer power supply compatiility My father's son Electronics Repair 15 January 16th 04 11:13 PM