Tony

I would say about 2000#

Tony

"gtslabs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a 15" SB lathe and was wondering what is the weight of
the lathe? My forklift is out for repair and I need to rent some type
of trailer to handle it.
Thanks
Steve

Artemia Salina

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:37:35 -0700, gtslabs wrote:

I just purchased a 15" SB lathe and was wondering what is the weight of
the lathe?

I have a web page devoted to listing used machine tool weights for
the purpose of calculating shipping costs, located he

http://pages.cthome.net/fcf/shipping-weights/index.html

It's very out of date (specifically the email address) and I have no
entry for a 15" South Bend. Sorry. When someone answers your question
I'll update the page and add the new info.

rigger

With about a 2' to 3' CtC distance I'd guess around 1000 to 1500# on
either legs or a stand.
dennis in nca

Steve Smith

Southbend describes a 15 1/4" lathe with weights as follows (on skids,
crated):

5' 1350
6' 1425
7' 1500
8' 1650
10' 1900

Southbend used the total length of the bed, so the 5' lathe above will
take about 2' between centers.

Steve