Rex

Default Enco 1024 QC parts?

I need a gear for the quickchange in my older (1986) Enco 10x24 lathe.
Enco has no info on this anymore. I suspect this same gear was used in
later 11x26 and larger Chinese lathes in various brands.
Is there a source for this kind of parts that will not stonewall me if
it's not "their" brand?

What I need is a 16T/32T compound gear, brash bushing internal bore
about 19/32 IIRC. If I have to I'll cut the bad part off and press a new
stock gear on, but I'd rather just buy a new OE gear.
Suggestions?

Rex B
Fort Worth
Ron Moore

You might try Summit Machine Tool Manufacturing in Oklahoma City at
405-235-2075. They had an 11" for years. Might want to get metric
dimensions before you call. Good Luck
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Rex" wrote in message
ink.net...
I need a gear for the quickchange in my older (1986) Enco 10x24 lathe. Enco
has no info on this anymore. I suspect this same gear was used in later
11x26 and larger Chinese lathes in various brands.
Is there a source for this kind of parts that will not stonewall me if
it's not "their" brand?

What I need is a 16T/32T compound gear, brash bushing internal bore about
19/32 IIRC. If I have to I'll cut the bad part off and press a new stock
gear on, but I'd rather just buy a new OE gear.
Suggestions?

Rex B
Fort Worth

DoN. Nichols

In article . net,
Rex wrote:
I need a gear for the quickchange in my older (1986) Enco 10x24 lathe.
Enco has no info on this anymore. I suspect this same gear was used in
later 11x26 and larger Chinese lathes in various brands.
Is there a source for this kind of parts that will not stonewall me if
it's not "their" brand?

What I need is a 16T/32T compound gear, brash bushing internal bore
about 19/32 IIRC.

If that machine came from China (or Taiwan, or many other
non-USA places, 19/32" is highly unlikely, but 15mm is much more likely.
(I get 15.08mm converting 19/32", so I'll bet that it is actually 15mm.

Now -- aside from knowing the number of teeth, you also need to
know the tooth form. In the US, those would be some diametric pitch of
either 20 degree, or 14-1/2" pressure angle. These gears are more
likely to be some "Module" definition, and you'll have to look them up
in something like _Machinery's Handbook_ to figure it out. Note that
the diameter measured over the teeth is not the pitch diameter.

If I have to I'll cut the bad part off and press a new
stock gear on, but I'd rather just buy a new OE gear.

Understood. But you first need more information than you have
so far posted -- unless you luck into finding the right ones from some
vendor.

I've got a gauge to tell which diametric pitch a gear is, but it
does not cover the metric "module" sizes. Nor does it tell me the
presure angle.

Good Luck,
DoN.

P.S. FWIW, the gears in my 12" Clausing are 16 DP.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Enco Attaboy - Delta sander experience Peter Grey Metalworking 3 June 4th 05 11:20 PM
Enco lathe 1024 info? Rex Metalworking 9 May 18th 05 08:39 PM
B&S Taper collets for Enco semi universal dividing head Abrasha Metalworking 5 February 8th 05 06:47 AM
Seeking shop that can make some small brass parts. (USA) nob'dy Metalworking 3 August 25th 04 10:19 PM
Looking for a distributor for old SHARP parts Adrian G. Electronics Repair 0 April 11th 04 11:17 AM