Default Looking for a place to get bolt adapters or how to make them..tia sal

Greetings All,

I'm looking for a place or how I can make some bolt adapters for a project?
5/8 inches female to 3/8 male
and 5/8 female to 3/16 male

Anybody now where or How I can make these easily

TIA

Grant Erwin

oh so confusing
Steve Lusardi

Sal,
The people participating in this newsgroup cut metal for the most part. We
are helpful most of the time, but please have the common courtesy to ask the
right question, using the correct terms, because nobody here has a clue what
you are asking for.
Steve

wrote in message
Greetings All,

I'm looking for a place or how I can make some bolt adapters for a
project?
5/8 inches female to 3/8 male
and 5/8 female to 3/16 male

Anybody now where or How I can make these easily

TIA

Bob Engelhardt

Steve Lusardi wrote:
Sal,
The people participating in this newsgroup cut metal for the most part. We
are helpful most of the time, but please have the common courtesy to ask the
right question, using the correct terms, because nobody here has a clue what
you are asking for.
Steve

Well, it can be something of a Catch-22: how does he know that he
doesn't know what he's asking for. To the OP, "bolt adapter" probably
seems accurate.

And I do have a clue: "adapter" and "male to female", etc suggests
(clues me) that he's looking for something that does for bolts what
plumbing adapters do for pipes. One size, male or female, in and
another size out.

I've never heard of such a thing for bolts (threaded rods), but maybe
somebody has and maybe the OP will get an answer. He's entitled to ask
- this is a public forum.

Bob

Leo Lichtman

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote: (clip)something that does for bolts what plumbing
adapters do for pipes. One size, male or female, in and another size out.
(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bob, that is perceptive of you. If that is what he is after, I suggest
welding or brazing the appropriate nuts and bolts together.

I hate to be cynical or suspicious, but there may be a clue in the fact that
he has not responded to any of the posts responding in bewilderment to him.
Normally, a person who posts a real question will follow the responses
closely and interact with the respondents.

Bob Engelhardt

Leo Lichtman wrote:
... I hate to be cynical or suspicious, but there may be a clue in the fact that
he has not responded to any of the posts responding in bewilderment to him.
Normally, a person who posts a real question will follow the responses
closely and interact with the respondents.

Could be. Given that he's not a regular here does make it suspicious.
But, not being a regular here could have caused him to be scared off by
the "... please have the common courtesy to ask the right question ..."
when he doesn't know the right question and could be subject to further
ridicule.

I dunno,
Bob

Don Foreman

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:30:51 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Could be. Given that he's not a regular here does make it suspicious.
But, not being a regular here could have caused him to be scared off by
the "... please have the common courtesy to ask the right question ..."
when he doesn't know the right question and could be subject to further
ridicule.

How "regular" must one be to be fair game for ridicule like the rest
of us? G

Jerry Martes

wrote in message
Greetings All,

I'm looking for a place or how I can make some bolt adapters for a
project?
5/8 inches female to 3/8 male
and 5/8 female to 3/16 male

Anybody now where or How I can make these easily

TIA

Sal

Could you build each of these adapters by welding a 5/8 nut to a 3/8 (or
3/16) bolt?
Long 5/8 nuts are available.

Jerry

Drill hole size for hanger bolt? Leo Van Der Loo Woodturning 16 December 4th 04 02:35 AM
proper bolt torque on Farmall Cub Don Metalworking 15 July 27th 04 03:21 AM
How cool is this place... Toby UK diy 1 July 23rd 04 06:38 PM
Anybody know where to find this bolt?? Machineman Metalworking 11 May 6th 04 08:44 PM
What length ladder and best place to buy them? David Hearn UK diy 14 January 13th 04 11:38 PM