Default Next step for MOEPED

Well, I think it was said of the mathematician Gauss that when he
cooked, it took him a long time but the results were invariably
delicious. Or something like that. I make chicken paprikash the farm
way. It takes a while but it's good.

I've been writing about the 110 VAC motor/generator on the MOEPED
(MObile Experimental Physics Educational Demonstrator) recently and the
attempt to turn this motor into a generator is showing a steep learning
curve and never ending challenges.

But I did figure one thing out.

Earlier, to vibration test all parts, I'd connected the rear-wheel
driven hundred-watt DC generator to an AC inverter, then to the AC
motor, which powers the cranks. It worked OK, but it was just a dynamic
brake. Perpetuum mobile non.

Well, I finally realized what I did wrong there. I used a modified
square wave inverter!

I've already got the sine wave inverter, and have mounted it once. I'd
had it all along.

I think when I repeat the shakedown, it should provide a little more
compelling ride than before, and in the meantime I'm going to have to
educate myself with EET 350 at ODU via the video lectures that I hate.
It's the only thing available to me.

Anyway, I'm setting the generator one burner over, and moving back to
the shakedown, this time with a significantly more "pure" mobile AC
source. That should keep me busy.

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Falls Church, VA 22044-0394

Not quite that long, JohnM....

What I do is take the skin off the bird and render the fat from the
skin in a glass skillet, slicing and dicing as the skin warms. The
rendered rinds go to the family pet, or when Hungarians are dining, are
sprinkled on top just before serving.

Then I transfer the fat to a large Teflon coated skillet and toss in
some paprika. The paprika foams up and will burn if you don't proceed
immediately. I toss in and fry some chopped onions until they are a
little translucent. I add some chopped green peppers, but I don't fry
them anywhere near as long as the onions.

I transfer the onions and peppers to a bowl, brown the chicken a bit,
add more paprika and some salt, lower the heat, toss on the onions and
peppers, and cover, then cook at very low heat until the chicken just
about falls off the bone.

I serve this with broccoli neat, or with a little butter, and
Zatirain's Yellow Rice. } Yummy!

Doug