Electronics (alt.electronics)

Fundog

Default Manufacturer of small step up Transformer

I am looking for a 1:100 step up transformer. Its used to drive a
piezo alarm really loud, I want to step up a small signal to a 120V
Signal (or there abouts). I have found they use this method in
personal panic alarms. It s a small three leg component, an input,
common ground and an output. I have found that the transformer used to
step up these voltages on the panic alarms are 2mH on one side and
200mH on the other.. with a common ground.. The component at a quick
glance looks like an electrolytic cap (sort of.. to the untrained eye
perhaps), but with three legs...

http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/beeper4.pdf
the link above shows the circuit and the transformer I am looking for.
I had a look on the toko site, and couldnt find anything. I think this
person may have made it themselves. I dont particularly want to do
that, since I know somewhere in China or Taiwan there would be a
factory pumping these out.

If you have ever come across anything and know where I can get a hold
of these it would be a great help.

cheers
Lee.