Tony

Yeah, well don't throw away those old overhead belt driven lathes and
lineshafts. We might have to go back to using waterwheel power soon.

Tony

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think most of us realize we are eventually going to have to find new
and better sources of energy. However thanks to our own stupidity and
the stupidity of the leaders we have elected to office we are still
years away from having new energy sources. The big problem in the next
few years is going to be IF there is enough oil available in the World
to meet current demands. If there are real shortages and the
competition becomes to fierce for the oil that is left higher prices
and the possibilty of armed conflicts increase. We need a gradual
weaning away from oil while the new sources are being brought online.

I am always looking for companies to invest in that offer new types of
energy or better ways of using what we already have. One of the
companies I have holdings in is a small startup ( and I do mean small)
company out of Houston, Texas, Sequoia Interests SQNC on the Pink
Sheets. They have a product called DiamondFlo which they are developing
that has several possible uses. One of the main benefits of it may be
its use in extracting oil from the Tar Sands typical to Alberta and
other parts of the world. Do a google for "tar sands Alberta" just to
get an idea of the potential supplies of oil in Canada. To read about
the DiamondFlo product and its latest test results go to this site:

http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/news...RE&symbol=SQNC

I wish our leaders would have been wise enough 30 years ago to
recognize that alternative clean and renewable power sources were going
to be needed but they weren't. I hope they are finally aware of the
fact that we need to be working on that problem right now. I hope we
can see them pass an energy bill that addresses some of these issues
before the summer session ends.
Dennis

Joe AutoDrill

Suggested read: "Handbook on Population" by ???

Read it a few years ago. Calculates water and oil useage based on
population and trends and tells us how long our resources are going to last,
etc. Only a guestimate of course, but interesting info...

I won't bother telling you whether it agrees or disagrees with your post.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Rex B

Everything I have ever read from an "expert" on oil usage predicts 10
more good years, followed by rapidly tightening oil supplies. Same
prediction for nearly 30 years.

- -
Rex Burkheimer

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Suggested read: "Handbook on Population" by ???

Read it a few years ago. Calculates water and oil useage based on
population and trends and tells us how long our resources are going to last,
etc. Only a guestimate of course, but interesting info...

I won't bother telling you whether it agrees or disagrees with your post.

DeepDiver

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think most of us realize we are eventually going to have to find
new and better sources of energy. However thanks to our own stupidity
and the stupidity of the leaders we have elected to office we are
still years away from having new energy sources.

Contrary to the prevailing "wisdom" of Liberals and Greens, electricity is
neither a free nor clean energy source: most is produced by the combustion
of fossil fuels. Our country would have significantly less oil demands,
significantly less pollution, significantly more electricity, and
significantly lower energy costs if our country were allowed to develop and
build modern nuclear power plants (just like France, which the Left in this
country seems to worship).

So don't just blame our elected representatives: we must also blame all the
unelected Leftist groups like Greenpeace, the National Education
Association, the ACLU, the mainstream media, etc., who actively block the
construction of nuclear power and indoctrinate the general public with
irrational fear-mongering anti-nuclear propaganda.

TwoGuns

So don't just blame our elected representatives: we must also blame all
the
unelected Leftist groups like Greenpeace, the National Education
Association, the ACLU, the mainstream media, etc., who actively block
the
construction of nuclear power and indoctrinate the general public with
irrational fear-mongering anti-nuclear propaganda.
You are exactly right DeepDiver. The hidden agenda of many of the
groups you mentioned seems to be the destruction of the economy of the
USA. I remember the big stink that was raised by the Greenies several
years ago when a California Condor was supposedly killed because it
flew into the blades of a wind generator. If wind generated power isn't
acceptable to these folks what is? Nothing