Abrasha

Default California in revolt

Gunner wrote:

I rather think, that in any election, the loosers are immediately
taken out and hung from the nearest lamp post. It would be Darwin in
action.

Gunner

I wish they would indeed have done that. There would be no Republican left in
California. Ccan't remember the last time they won anything in this state.

It is also amusing to think that most likely you would have been hung out to dry
a long time ago.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Abrasha

Jerry wrote:

Gunner wrote in message . ..

snip

Im rather partial to Tom McClintock. He is perhaps the best qualified
of the bunch, but as usual, doesnt stand a chance. He was the
California State Controller for a long time, and during those years we
had a surplus.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

You might try getting your facts straight.

Gunner, and getting the facts straight. Now, that's a novel idea.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Abrasha

jim rozen wrote:

Fabricating facts so that your
world view is validated does not in this case count
as 'correct' reasoning.

Unless your name is Gunner.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Gunner

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:37:37 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:

I rather think, that in any election, the loosers are immediately
taken out and hung from the nearest lamp post. It would be Darwin in
action.

Gunner

I wish they would indeed have done that. There would be no Republican left in
California. Ccan't remember the last time they won anything in this state.

Yup, absolutly correct. Fortunately the political pendulum is swinging
to the Right, all over the US, common sense is returning as a desired
trait and emotionalism over rational is being finally scoffed at once
again.

It is also amusing to think that most likely you would have been hung out to dry
a long time ago.

Well something to consider...if the Dems had their own way..they would
be totally disarmed, while I and millions of others like me, would
not. If you and yours came with a rope, the fact I have lots of ammo,
the skill and the will, access to a backhoe and 2500 square miles to
plant you and yours deep enough that the coyotes wont dig you up,
should be foremost on your mind.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

So Abrasha..decided to poke your head back up and take a wack at me
again. Buddy, its far cheaper and more private to hire a dominatrix if
you have some twisted desire to get your ass handed to you again.

Well perv, if you feel like getting humiliated and punished
again..lets go for it.

Cowboy UP!

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Gunner

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:44:35 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

jim rozen wrote:

Fabricating facts so that your
world view is validated does not in this case count
as 'correct' reasoning.

Unless your name is Gunner.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

You still make fine "stuff".

It must be that Rainman idiot savant thing.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

Gunner

On 17 Aug 2003 06:19:31 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Abrasha says...

Unless your name is Gunner.

The comments I made were about an entirely
different subject, interestingly enough.
Gunner I believe agrees with me for the most
part on that particular subject, and I for
one have never known him to attempt to
pass off his own personal opinions (voluminous
as those may be! ) as irrefutable scientific
facts.

When it comes to discussing creation science
I think I would have him (gunner) in my corner,
thanks.

Jim

"Ok everyone gather around and form a circle, Hugs Time".

Abrasha!! Stop molesting Bobby and join the circle!

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Abrasha

Gunner wrote:
http://www.abrasha.com

You still make fine "stuff".

Thanks. If only I could sell a bit more of it.

Maybe Arnold will come to the rescue. I doubt it though. California is too
much in the hole to expect a quick turn around ... by anyone. It will take many
years I'm afraid. The crap started 25 years ago with the passing of Prop. 13.

People still want services, but they don't want to pay for them.

I hope it's going to be Larry Flint. He can then appoint Mary Carey as Lt.
Governor. That'll show the world what's really on people's mind most of the
time.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Gunner

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:44:43 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:
http://www.abrasha.com

You still make fine "stuff".

Thanks. If only I could sell a bit more of it.

Maybe Arnold will come to the rescue. I doubt it though. California is too
much in the hole to expect a quick turn around ... by anyone. It will take many
years I'm afraid. The crap started 25 years ago with the passing of Prop. 13.

Prop 13 was what has kept the State from imploding for as long as it
has. It took 25 yrs of entitlements unchecked to reach this point.

People still want services, but they don't want to pay for them.

Some people will always vote for those whom will let them stick their
nose into the public trough. When one fails to make cuts and
attempts to tax themselves into prosperty...bad things happen.

A major problem in California, is the illegal immigrant situation, and
the humongous drain on the economy in terms of entitlements and
giveaways. The legal immigrants pay their way, but the rest..sigh.

California was doing very well, even with this drain..but when the
economy went west, and tax revenues went down..it was like a huge hole
in an air tank..no matter how hard you pump, you can never get the
pressure back up.

The other major problem..is the absolutely unfriendly business
atmosphere here in the State. Countless businesses are moving out of
state,and taking their tax revenues with them. This of course creates
larger unemployment, more signups for welfare, and state funded
medical care, and guts the myrid sources of revenue that are derived
from the sale of products to and by those companies.

I hope it's going to be Larry Flint. He can then appoint Mary Carey as Lt.
Governor. That'll show the world what's really on people's mind most of the
time.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Chuckle... while Flint is interesting..opening up slot machines
everwhere you look to pay for the hordes of illegals coming across the
border, is a bandaid on a severed artery.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Abrasha

jk wrote:

Abrasha wrote:

years I'm afraid. The crap started 25 years ago with the passing of Prop. 13.

People still want services, but they don't want to pay for them.

I don't think that is true, people want some of the services, and want
some control over it.

I hope it's going to be Larry Flint. He can then appoint Mary Carey as Lt.
Governor.

Can't do that. We are only recalling one politician, not the whole
slate.

At that, there was some discussion on the radio about what would
happen if Davis resigned the day before the recall election. Since in
that case, the Lt. Governor becomes the Governor, and he is not being
recalled.

No, it's to late for that. He could have done that before the recall election
was certified by the Secretary of State. If he resigns now, Bustamante does not
automatically become governor for a full term, but only until the election. Of
course he could then be elected.

But as things stand now, the election is on, whether the piece of toast resigns
or not.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
pyotr filipivich

And lo, it came about, that on Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:25:48 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking , Gunner was inspired to utter:

Notice the Lefties all starting the mantra (including Huffington the
Space Cadet), that the recall process has outlived its usefulness and
that option should be removed from the voters?

Chuckle...they want to take away the only Emergency Stop button that
they have left the voters. Some Leftist was babbling, on the radio
the other day, how the (in effect) the voters should not be allowed to
have any say over how the politicians operate.

Who was it who said that if you make peaceful change impossible, then
you've made violent change inevitable?

Had a friend in college who made the novel observation that back in the
days of the divine right of Kings, the occasional assassination did bring a
certain "democratic" element to the system.

I rather think, that in any election, the loosers are immediately
taken out and hung from the nearest lamp post. It would be Darwin in
action.

Naw.

"Snout counting" is just that, a quick nose count to see how things might
stack up if things were to turn violent.

When the political system is considered illegitimate by enough people (the
quantitative answer is left as an exercise for the student), change will occur.
Either dissent will be stifled, or the system will be "reformed". It may be
reformed in fire and blood, but reformed it will be.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Next Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.