Gunner

Default California in revolt

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:44:43 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:
http://www.abrasha.com

You still make fine "stuff".

Thanks. If only I could sell a bit more of it.

Maybe Arnold will come to the rescue. I doubt it though. California is too
much in the hole to expect a quick turn around ... by anyone. It will take many
years I'm afraid. The crap started 25 years ago with the passing of Prop. 13.

Prop 13 was what has kept the State from imploding for as long as it
has. It took 25 yrs of entitlements unchecked to reach this point.

People still want services, but they don't want to pay for them.

Some people will always vote for those whom will let them stick their
nose into the public trough. When one fails to make cuts and
attempts to tax themselves into prosperty...bad things happen.

A major problem in California, is the illegal immigrant situation, and
the humongous drain on the economy in terms of entitlements and
giveaways. The legal immigrants pay their way, but the rest..sigh.

California was doing very well, even with this drain..but when the
economy went west, and tax revenues went down..it was like a huge hole
in an air tank..no matter how hard you pump, you can never get the
pressure back up.

The other major problem..is the absolutely unfriendly business
atmosphere here in the State. Countless businesses are moving out of
state,and taking their tax revenues with them. This of course creates
larger unemployment, more signups for welfare, and state funded
medical care, and guts the myrid sources of revenue that are derived
from the sale of products to and by those companies.

I hope it's going to be Larry Flint. He can then appoint Mary Carey as Lt.
Governor. That'll show the world what's really on people's mind most of the
time.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Chuckle... while Flint is interesting..opening up slot machines
everwhere you look to pay for the hordes of illegals coming across the
border, is a bandaid on a severed artery.

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs