pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Bob Engelhardt wrote
back on Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:31:09 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
RAM^3 wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, Morphine Sulfate doesn't keep you from _feeling_
pain but just keeps you from being _aware_ of it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not be aware of it.

I'm in a bit of semantic confusion here. To me, "feeling" *is* "being
aware of". If I'm not aware of something, I'm not feeling it. Your
explanation does make sense if "remember" replaces "aware":

There is also the element of "oh, that should hurt, yes it does hurt,
hmmmm - if I cared, that would really hurt."

Now, the mechanics of how that work are beyond me. All I know is that
I could feel the needle going in to make the stitches, but it didn't
"hurt".

"... doesn't keep you from _feeling_ pain but just keeps you from
*remembering* it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not *remember* it."

Bob

--
pyotr filipivich.