Default OT OT Bush 77 Kerry 76

I don't read most of the OT posts, so have not kept up with the
arguments on how stupid Bush is and how smart Kerry is. Or how Kerry
got into Yale on merit and Bush got in because his father went there
and he got a legacy pass.

But I do read the Wall Street Journal and yesterday there was a small
article on the editorial page about Kerry military record. Kerry did
not release his military record before the election, but now he has.
Nothing there significant about his military service, but it does have
his transcripts from Yale which were part of his application for
officer training.

It turns out that Kerry got 4 D's his freshman year. And his grade
average for four years was 76. Bush's grade average for four years was
not all that great either. It was 77.

So there you have it. Two C students running for president. But
unless you have graduated from an Ivy League School, you should not
snear too much.

Dan

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:25:46 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 9 Jun 2005 18:14:56 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Sure, but I was commenting on the "Two c students running for
president", which really should have been written "who ran for..."
This would have been useful information last year.

Perhaps..but who else besides these two would you have voted for?
Perot?

Naah, I'm just saying that last year, it would have been more useful
than 7 months too late. Nothing more.

Jeff Dantzler

Gunner wrote:

Perhaps..but who else besides these two would you have voted for?
Perot?
Gunner

Easy!

Michael Badnarik, Libertarian.

Hey, at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know
that I didn't stoop to voting for the lesser of two evils.

I suspect that this constitutional scholar had a better
GPA than the other 2 boobs.

Jeff Dantzler
Rex B

So there you have it. Two C students running for president. But
unless you have graduated from an Ivy League School, you should not
snear too much.

They were both Skull & Bones.
Maybe they paid the same guy to attend classes for them.
Rex B

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:25:46 GMT, Gunner wrote:

On 9 Jun 2005 18:14:56 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Sure, but I was commenting on the "Two c students running for
president", which really should have been written "who ran for..."
This would have been useful information last year.

Perhaps..but who else besides these two would you have voted for?
Perot?

Naah, I'm just saying that last year, it would have been more useful
than 7 months too late. Nothing more.

To paraphrase the sage:

" 'Tis better to remain silent and be though a fool, than to open one's
records and remove all doubt"

Steve W.

You might want to check that article closer. Kerry DID NOT release his
FULL record to the public. Instead he released his record to the Navy
and then released a vetted copy.

from another list.

Reader John Boyle writes:
I have been yelling since last year that the Navy does not have Kerry's
records, nor does DoD.

The Navy has always been Kerry's hide-out. The Navy is covered by the
Privacy Laws. You're a lawyer, right? The SF 180 is generically
addressed
to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. These records are
30
to 40 years old. They are history! They do not stay at Navy Personnel
Command forever.

It seems to me that all of Kerry's tortured rhetoric on this subject
attests to the fact that he was having his records vetted, in spite of
the
public claim to openness. How to accomplish this? Tell the NPRC, on the
SF
180, that the designated recipient of the records is to be a federal
Agency
(subject to the Privacy Laws) - the Navy!

Then, Kerry or his people get to vet the records at the Navy's offices,
allow release of what they want by another required waiver separate from
the SF 180, withhold what they don't want out there, and the Navy cannot
comment on the process, their holdings - or their withholdings!

The trick is in whom he designated to receive the outflow from NPRC.
Read
the opening of Kranish's article again:"The records, which the Navy
Personnel Command provided to the Globe..."

This is not rocket science, yet no one seems to understand what was done
here.
Boyle followed up with the following message:
I want to give you another shot on this, just to be sure you understand.
It
is crystal clear obvious to me, yet very few people seem to get it...is
it
how I 'splain it?

The SF 180 is actually a request for "Report of Separation" and all such
documents are in the sole custody of the National Personnel Records
Center,
in St. Louis - not the branch in which the veteran served (in this case
the
Navy). And the character of Kerry's "separation" (discharge) from the
Navy
is obviously the document(s) that are hot.

The SF 180 directs the National Personnel Records Center to release
records, at the request of the documented veteran, and send them to
whomever he designates (usually himself) - period. What is the Navy
doing
in the middle of this? The Navy must have been the designated recipient,
on
this specific SF 180 (not the Boston Globe, as Kranish explicitly
admits).
As a Federal entity, the Navy is then subject to Privacy Laws and any
release by them had to be additionally waived by Kerry - or not. He
could
then easily not waive specific documents for release that he found
damaging. What the Boston Globe got was the remainder of whatever the
Navy
received from NPRC, less what Kerry wished to withhold.

It may be that the Globe is unaware of this game; although I wrote about
this at length last week to their reporter Joan Vennochi, who had
written
that Kerry's 180 was in the pipeline, in order to alert the Globe to
what
was afoot.

A real shell game.
We have it on good authority that ace reporter Thomas Lipscomb is
working
the story of the Globe and Kerry's records as well. Until Lipscomb's
stories surface, we'll try mull over Boyle's explanations.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Modat22

On 9 Jun 2005 18:30:29 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:25:46 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 9 Jun 2005 18:14:56 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Sure, but I was commenting on the "Two c students running for
president", which really should have been written "who ran for..."
This would have been useful information last year.

Perhaps..but who else besides these two would you have voted for?
Perot?

Naah, I'm just saying that last year, it would have been more useful
than 7 months too late. Nothing more.

Kerry and Bush are both dumb asses. I just wanted my dumb ass to beat
the other dumb ass.

You are right, but Kerry would not release this information 7 months
ago. It would have destroyed the image.

Dan

You obviously have not had any dealings with any good old country
southern boys ( or girls too for that matter ).

Dan

Sorry about not quoting.

There seems to be regional differences in how people project
themselves. In the Northeast, they tend to try to present themselves
as being clever and too sharp to have anyone take advantage of them.
In the South there is a lot more of the feigned inocence or feigned
ignorance. " I am just an old country boy. "

I know a girl who was raised in the South, went to Bryn Mawr college,
University of Virginia Law school, was law review and passed the
Virginia Bar after her first year of law school, clerked for the
Virginia Circuit Court. Does a really good " Oh I am just a girl, how
do you expect me to understand all that complicated stuff, you big man
".

It seems that Kerry and Bush are somewhat typical of Massachusetts and
Texas.
Kerry wants you to believe he is smarter than what he is, Bush would
rather have you believe he is just someone trying to get along.

Dan

jim rozen wrote:

Obviously Bush is not a dumb as he sounds.

Umm, that's not so obvious.

Sounds like a box of rocks.
Acts like a box of rocks

Probably is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Jim

Clark Magnuson

They are both plenty smart, just one wants to steal our money, guns,
cars, freedoms, and destroy families and society with entitlements.

Pol: Lee Iacocca drops Bush, backs Kerry Florida Patriot Home Repair 56 October 25th 04 08:51 AM
Pol: More outdoorsmen support Kerry than Bush Florida Patriot Woodworking 0 October 22nd 04 09:36 PM
GW Bush dalecue Metalworking 3 September 6th 04 10:49 PM
OT-: Kerry exposed Gunner Metalworking 38 March 17th 04 03:11 AM
I ain't No senator's son... Gunner Metalworking 1 February 9th 04 06:56 AM