Roger Hull

Default Scissors lift

Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

JohnM

Roger Hull wrote:
Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

I worked in a shop where scissor lift tables were fabricated but.. I
don't know how much good I could do you, I wasn't much involved in the
engineering except for complaining about inaccesible welds and such..

Toss out what you've got figured so far, I'd hate to sit here and hammer
out a bunch of stuff that you're already beyond..

Cheap/simple- couple of matched scissor jacks, left and right. Probably
more weight than you need though..

John

Roger,
Check out this link (no association with me) as
you may be able to create something on this
order that will fill your needs.
http://www.klsupply.com/Lift/mc450/
Ken.

Sorry Roger, take the "Ken" off the end of the link.
Ken.

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:19:04 -0700, the inscrutable Roger Hull
spake:

Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Wouldn't standing vs. lifting be a better idea for you?

Check out these guys: http://www.thestandingcompany.com/
http://www.usatechguide.org/reviews....de=1&catid=296

Plans?
http://www.google.com/search?q=stand...eelchair+plans

Rory Cooper might be a good source for your research:
http://www.post-gazette.com/healthsc...heelchair1.asp

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous

John Husvar

In article t,
Roger Hull wrote:

Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

Here's one approach: Lots of photos and specs, Patented of course.

This design should be easily adaptable for a power base if it has enough
inherent stability. You got a hell of a moment arm to affect stability
when you're up there.

Have been having similar thoughts about making something similar for my
Jazzy 1170. I think I'd be more comfortable with somewhat less lift and
maybe some kind of incorporated outrigger arrangement for lateral
stability. The whole world isn't level, unfortunately, and it might only
take a few degrees for things to get tippy. My Jazzy base's 295 pounds
empty weight might help though. as might the four-point seat mounts.
John Husvar

So, of course, I forgot to paste the URL in.

http://fp1.antelecom.net/bromac/5.html
carl mciver

Just noticed the other day that Wal-Mart now has an electric scissor
lift, meant for changing your tires. Cost is about fifty bucks each. Worth
checking out. A lot like this: http://www.ez-jacks.com/ but half the price.

s.net...