Larry Jaques

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:19:04 -0700, the inscrutable Roger Hull
spake:

Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Wouldn't standing vs. lifting be a better idea for you?

Check out these guys: http://www.thestandingcompany.com/
http://www.usatechguide.org/reviews....de=1&catid=296

Plans?
http://www.google.com/search?q=stand...eelchair+plans

Rory Cooper might be a good source for your research:
http://www.post-gazette.com/healthsc...heelchair1.asp

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous