JohnM

Roger Hull wrote:
Hi, guys & gals. For some time I've been wanting to build a small scissors
lift to raise and lower the seat on my electric wheelchair (with me in it).
I've already obtained a 24v motor and a Acme leadscrew and pretty well have
it planned out. I'm aiming for a total lift of 20" with a load of 250#. But I
wonder if I'm reinventing the wheel here. Has anyone here done anything along
this same line and could share their experience or point me to plans, ect, on
the 'net? Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer

I worked in a shop where scissor lift tables were fabricated but.. I
don't know how much good I could do you, I wasn't much involved in the
engineering except for complaining about inaccesible welds and such..

Toss out what you've got figured so far, I'd hate to sit here and hammer
out a bunch of stuff that you're already beyond..

Cheap/simple- couple of matched scissor jacks, left and right. Probably
more weight than you need though..

John