Default Starrett Depth Micrometer

I have a set of Starrett depth mic's. These are the rod type and I need
to know how to zero the thimble. I am using a gage block and a surface
plate. There doesn't seem to be anywhere where the graduated spindle
turns like it does on an outside mic. Also, the wrench that fits the
nut inside of the thimble seems to adjust the pressure required to turn
the thimble. The only other thing I can think of adjusting is the stop
nut on the rod. These seem to be loctited on and are not movable. Any
advice on getting these zeroed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Steve

R. O'Brian

You adjust it by moving the nut. I don't think they are Loctited, but the
thread fit is very tight. You can move the nuts with a close fitting
wrench.

Randy

ups.com...