doug

Default Deckel FP2 - Looking for my first mill

I have been shopping for my first mill that I assumed would be a
Bridgeport or clone. Came across the Deckel. Superb condition,
original paint with very little wear, table has no pits or holes. I
don't believe that it has been used much. Has verticle head, overarm
for horizontal operation, tools, many collets etc.

I really like the look of this machine. This seems like a better
alternative for my home shop needs.

A seach of Ebay didn't help me determine a value but I did find one
newsgroup reference to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a
realistic value?

Thanks Doug

Anthony

"doug" wrote in
ups.com:

A seach of Ebay didn't help me determine a value but I did find one
newsgroup reference to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a
realistic value?

Yes it is. It is also one _hell_ of a mill. Once you get used to using
it...you won't go back to a bridgeport type. It has horizontal capability
also, the head swings over to the side and you have a horizontal mill. Very
versatile milling machine, and extremely capable.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

http://www.machines-cnc.net:81/
Gunner

On 25 May 2005 17:28:55 -0700, "doug"
wrote:

I have been shopping for my first mill that I assumed would be a
Bridgeport or clone. Came across the Deckel. Superb condition,
original paint with very little wear, table has no pits or holes. I
don't believe that it has been used much. Has verticle head, overarm
for horizontal operation, tools, many collets etc.

I really like the look of this machine. This seems like a better
alternative for my home shop needs.

A seach of Ebay didn't help me determine a value but I did find one
newsgroup reference to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a
realistic value?

Thanks Doug

Which Deckel? No matter which one..they are all have 4 digit..or
more..price tags. Some of them are a bit odd to set up, but they are
superb machines.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Gunner

wrote:

I have been shopping for my first mill that I assumed would be a
Bridgeport or clone. Came across the Deckel. Superb condition,
original paint with very little wear, table has no pits or holes. I
don't believe that it has been used much. Has verticle head, overarm
for horizontal operation, tools, many collets etc.

I really like the look of this machine. This seems like a better
alternative for my home shop needs.

A seach of Ebay didn't help me determine a value but I did find one
newsgroup reference to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a
realistic value?

Thanks Doug

Sorry about that..I brain farted on the FP2 in the subject line.

Looking at the various FP-2s offered by dealers on the
net...$5,000-10,000 seems to be the average price.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Nick Müller

doug wrote:

to one selling on Ebay for over $8,000. Is this a realistic value?

Definetly. Even here in Germany! Go buy it. You will never regrett
having bought a Deckel.
If you have it, don't be worried, it is a bit noisy (in the head).

Nick (FP1, built 1946)

--
WDR Fernsehen:
"Ein Computer arbeitet so lange Befehle ab,