Tim B

Default Metal stock supplier in New Zealand

Hi,

I've just got into metalworking on a metal lathe, but i'm not sure where to
buy Stainless steel rod and aluminium rod from in New Zealand.

Can anyone help??

:-)

North Island? South Island?

Dan Caster
Bainbridge Island

Tom

Tim B wrote:

Hi,

I've just got into metalworking on a metal lathe, but i'm not sure where to
buy Stainless steel rod and aluminium rod from in New Zealand.

Can anyone help??

:-)

Ever heard of the Yellow Pages?
geoff m

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:41:27 +1200, "Tim B"
wrote:

Hi,

I've just got into metalworking on a metal lathe, but i'm not sure where to
buy Stainless steel rod and aluminium rod from in New Zealand.

Can anyone help??

:-)

Where dfo you live?
NZF in Christchurch, Stainless Alloys in Auckland. Ullrich Aluminium.
Depends on what you want and how much.
Geoff
Tim B

I live in Auckland.

Just small amounts, i'm not really sure what I need at this stage, i'm still
just learning the basics.

Maybe around 500mm length of 10mm 303 / 304 steel.

And around 500mm length of 20mm 6061 alloy.

I'm not sure what sizes are available.

I guess? this amount would probably keep me going for a while!

wrote:

Hi,

I've just got into metalworking on a metal lathe, but i'm not sure where
buy Stainless steel rod and aluminium rod from in New Zealand.

Can anyone help??

:-)

Where dfo you live?
NZF in Christchurch, Stainless Alloys in Auckland. Ullrich Aluminium.
Depends on what you want and how much.
Geoff

geoff m

On Sun, 15 May 2005 10:31:31 +1200, "Tim B"
wrote:

I live in Auckland.

Just small amounts, i'm not really sure what I need at this stage, i'm still
just learning the basics.

Maybe around 500mm length of 10mm 303 / 304 steel.

And around 500mm length of 20mm 6061 alloy.

I'm not sure what sizes are available.

I guess? this amount would probably keep me going for a while!

I use Papakura Engineering for my usual engineering steel supplies.
They stock those sizes, and cut to length. If you need 4m, then buy
the full 6m length, as it is the same price.
Stainless Alloys in Easta Tamaki (Harris or Springs Road) sell SS by
the metre as well. Mico Metals is another one (in Onehunga), although
I don't know if they sell small bits.
There doesn't seem to be anyone who sells short ends or second hand
steel in Auckland.
Geoff