DeepDiver

Default Kitty Litter Dessicant?

I recall reading a while back about a kitty litter that consists of silica
gel. Unfortunately, no brand was mentioned (at least, I didn't see a post
where the brand was mentioned).

So can anyone tell me the particular manufacturer and brand of the litter to
buy? And is it 100% silica gel?

Thanks!

Purina Tidy Cats Crystals, comes in a 3.5lb (1.59kg) container.
Ingredients list is
silica, deoderizing system.

It is made up of mostly clear silica with some blue crystals as well.
The blue crystals also appear to be silica, my guess is they have been
treated with the deoderizing system.

Cheers!
Tim

DeepDiver wrote:
I recall reading a while back about a kitty litter that consists of

silica
gel. Unfortunately, no brand was mentioned (at least, I didn't see a

post
where the brand was mentioned).

So can anyone tell me the particular manufacturer and brand of the

litter to
buy? And is it 100% silica gel?

Thanks!

Lawrence L'Hote

wrote in message
oups.com...
Purina Tidy Cats Crystals, comes in a 3.5lb (1.59kg) container.
Ingredients list is
silica, deoderizing system.

It is made up of mostly clear silica with some blue crystals as well.
The blue crystals also appear to be silica, my guess is they have been
treated with the deoderizing system.

In another life, before teaching I was a research chemist. The silica gel we
used had blue crystal-like particles that turned a pink color when the
silica gel was in need of drying.
Larry

--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

Ed Bailen

The last time this topic came up, I bought some kitty litter with
white & blue crystals. Spent a LOT of time picking the blue crystals
out of a 2-cup sample.

Soaked them suckers in water and they stayed a pretty blue!

After Googling silica gel, I ended up buying some from a seed company.
over the web.

The rest of the kitty litter went toward absorbing oil off the floor
around the milling machine. The shop sure smelled sweet.

Regards,
Ed

OT - For Kathy Cliff Metalworking 43 August 26th 05 06:54 PM
Dessicant question Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 8 April 3rd 05 05:13 AM
OT. Uses for cat litter pails? larry in cinci Woodworking 12 March 31st 05 05:47 PM
flushing cat litter down toilet - should landlord forbid this? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 28 November 21st 03 06:18 PM
Cat Litter, gas fires and hobs Meoww UK diy 8 October 22nd 03 08:00 PM