larry in cinci

Default OT. Uses for cat litter pails?

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses
for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I
already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden
tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any
help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

firstjois

larry in cinci wrote:
The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of
any uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot
on a side I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and
de-icing salt, garden tools and the like any one have other uses
they can share? Thanks for any help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

1. Places like Pet Smart (?) let bring your own container to purchase
litter and you get to pay a little less. Share these with friends who have
cats and change to a pet store that lets you bring your own container.
2. Set them aside to dry paint and varnish you no longer want. Do this a
few times and take the container to the dump.
3. Cut bottoms off and place around new plants. Cover tops with plastic if
expecting frost/freeze overnight.
4. Clean 'em up and take to local elementary school. They are always
looking for containers for one use or another.
5. Drill a few holes in the bottom and use them for container gardening.
6. Drill a few holes in the bottom and build rough cedar planters around
them. Nice to lift out a plant that has gone by and replace with some other
plant you have been nursing along.
7. See if your dump has a "too good to throw away" location and drop them
off there. Bet someone will pick them up in a few seconds. If your dump
doesn't have a "too good to throw away" location get them moving towards
making one.

HTH,
Josie

Gerald Ross

larry in cinci wrote:
The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses
for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I
already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden
tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any
help. Larry

Put a cushion in it and let the cat sleep in it. Be sure to
put the lid on!

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There's more than one way to skin a
cat. Get a sander!

Wilson Lamb

Fill with water and freeze to make ice for a cooler or to chip for ice
cream.
Use with lid to keep food dry in a cooler with ice.
WL
"larry in cinci" wrote in message
The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any
uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side
I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt,
garden tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks
for any help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

mp

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any
uses for the 35# cat litter pails?

Party hats.

Tom

"larry in cinci" wrote in message
The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any
uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side
I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt,
garden tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks
for any help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

Carry my fishing tackle down to the boat in them. Handy for carrying fish
back up from the boat (but not too often with my luck at fishing). I
gather the tools I'll need for a particular job, put them in the bucket and
carry it to the job.
Tom.

Tony

Hi, I store bird feed in them, better then the bags.

Tony

--
A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
George W. Bush

"Tom" wrote in message

"larry in cinci" wrote in message
The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any
uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side
I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt,
garden tools and the like any one have other uses they can share?
Thanks for any help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

Carry my fishing tackle down to the boat in them. Handy for carrying fish
back up from the boat (but not too often with my luck at fishing). I
gather the tools I'll need for a particular job, put them in the bucket
and carry it to the job.
Tom.

Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:46:38 -0500, "larry in cinci"
wrote:

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses
for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I
already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden
tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any
help. Larry

--
larry in Cinci

I refill them with the used cat litter, before taking them to
the dump. Probably no suprise that I always need more to take it out
than I needed to bring it in.
Some folks say cats are full of crap. The ones that live
here cannot be...judging from their output! *smile*.
Regards
Dave Mundt
mac davis

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:46:38 -0500, "larry in cinci" wrote:

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses
for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I
already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden
tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any
help. Larry

Need storage for hardware and stuff?

Fasten them together in rows and put them on the wall with wood screws holding
the bottoms to a wall.. great for sorting hardware, etc...

I did one for my kid out of those small plastic milk crates..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

firstjois

wrote:

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of
any uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot
on a side I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and
de-icing salt, garden tools and the like any one have other uses
they can share? Thanks for any help. Larry

Need storage for hardware and stuff?

Fasten them together in rows and put them on the wall with wood
screws holding the bottoms to a wall.. great for sorting hardware,
etc...

I did one for my kid out of those small plastic milk crates..

mac

Shoot, that might be a good idea in the laundry for socks!

Josie
Please remove splinters before emailing

Joe_Stein

I use a cat litter pan I found along the road to hold little-used tools.
It and tools are in a filing cabinet a neighbor set out on the curb
with a free sign. So I took it.
Happy Spring.
Joe

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:46:38 -0500, "larry in cinci" wrote:

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses
for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I
already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden
tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any
help. Larry

Need storage for hardware and stuff?

Fasten them together in rows and put them on the wall with wood screws holding
the bottoms to a wall.. great for sorting hardware, etc...

I did one for my kid out of those small plastic milk crates..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Replacements for the 25 & 50 lb cardboard boxes nails come in: when
the box gives out, dump the nails into a pail (works with screws, too).
I always keep a few handy.

Dan