Stephen Young

Default Hour meter

Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple month's ago. Was
wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you
have electrical controls for this cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.
Stephen Young

Stephen Young wrote:
Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple
month's ago. Was wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could
put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you have electrical controls for this
cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.

Oops, sent incorrectly.
Bruce L. Bergman

On Mon, 02 May 2005 16:22:38 -0400, Stephen Young
wrote:
Stephen Young wrote:

Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple
month's ago. Was wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could
put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you have electrical controls for this
cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.

Oops, sent incorrectly.

If he can't find you one, they've got a new line of very inexpensive
panel hourmeters at Grainger - under $20. Several case form and
voltage choices.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

Stephen Young

wrote:

Stephen Young wrote:

Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple
month's ago. Was wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could
put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you have electrical controls for this
cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.

Oops, sent incorrectly.

If he can't find you one, they've got a new line of very inexpensive
panel hourmeters at Grainger - under $20. Several case form and
voltage choices.

-- Bruce --

Couldn't find them searching their online catalog.

RoyJ

Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

Stephen Young wrote:

Hi Roger, this is Steve Young - I bought the Taylor Dunn cart a couple
month's ago. Was wondering if you had a 2" diameter hour meter I could
put in my cart's dash. Also, maybe you have electrical controls for this
cart I could buy for spares. Thanks.

Oops, sent incorrectly.

If he can't find you one, they've got a new line of very inexpensive
panel hourmeters at Grainger - under $20. Several case form and
voltage choices.

-- Bruce --

Couldn't find them searching their online catalog.

Minor mis-speak - $27.20 mechanical, $28.60 LCD, without discounts.
Cat 395 PP 454, for you 3AE14 or 3AE19 are the likely ones.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Too_Many_Tools

On a related topic, where does one find a 220V AC hour meter that is
inexpensive?

Thanks

TMT

Shawn

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
On a related topic, where does one find a 220V AC hour meter that is
inexpensive?

Thanks

TMT

If you have 220V AC then you also have 110V AC. Or am I missing something?

Shawn

Jerry Martes

"Shawn" shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
On a related topic, where does one find a 220V AC hour meter that is
inexpensive?

Thanks

TMT

If you have 220V AC then you also have 110V AC. Or am I missing
something?

Shawn

Shawn

I'd expect the 110vac or the 220vac to be pretty colse to having 12 VDC if
you have a diode and some resistors, since that meter draws such a low
current.

Jerry

Tim Shoppa

If you have 220V AC then you also have 110V AC.

Not necessarily. Even if you're thinking about 220VAC + safety ground,
the exceptions allowing you to use safety ground as a neutral are
rather limited, and I don't think an hour meter is included in them.
(Off the top of my head I can only think of dryer lights, and even
there I cannot figure out why they don't use a 220V bulb.)

I want to believe that the dryer light bulb exception was included
because a complaint that the bulb isn't working might make an
electrician check the safety ground. If the hour meter is part of a
warranty or maintenance contract then the customer may figure out how
to defeat safety ground as a way to save money :-(

Tim.

Bruce L. Bergman

On 3 May 2005 22:13:41 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

On a related topic, where does one find a 220V AC hour meter that is
inexpensive?

$27.20 mechanical, $28.60 LCD, cheap enough for brand new? ;-)

Grainger Cat 395 PP 454. 3AE10, 3AE22 et al.

The mechanical models take anything between 90 - 240 VAC, the LCD
ones 32 - 277 VAC. Wide enough range for you?

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Too_Many_Tools

They make 200V AC meters for a reason and I suspect it is because they
do not want you to use the ground as a neutral.

TMT

Shawn

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
They make 200V AC meters for a reason and I suspect it is because they
do not want you to use the ground as a neutral.

TMT

Good point.

Shawn

Does anyone have this gas meter installed in their home? tarquinlinbin UK diy 6 April 22nd 05 10:12 AM
Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 05:49 PM
water meter set aside plans dave @ stejonda UK diy 10 March 19th 04 11:59 PM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 07:21 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 02:51 AM