Default Still another pto question

At lunch I went to my dad's to try to take a pto off his old bushhog so
I could try to make it work on the tiller. The end had a bolt through
it. I removed the bolt that went through the sahft and beat it with
everything I could think off and it would not budge. Is there a trick
or soemthing I missed?

I dont think the shaft on the tiller has a place for a bolt to go
through. Does it mean it is not compatable with this pto shaft?

DanG

I just went through this on an implement. Broke an ear off one
side of the U joint. The actual yoke was still on the keywayed
shaft with 2 set screws w/ locking nuts. Loosened the nuts and
removed the set screws, thunked away with a 2 pound hammer and
couldn't get it to budge. I was able to drive a wedge shape
between a housing casting and the end of the yoke. Started with a
heavy screwdriver and moved up to and through 2 different cold
chisel tapers. Had to drive it completely off, it never got
"finger tight". Ended up at the local tractor supply and bought
both ends complete with new U joints.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
oups.com...
At lunch I went to my dad's to try to take a pto off his old
bushhog so
I could try to make it work on the tiller. The end had a bolt
through
it. I removed the bolt that went through the sahft and beat it
with
everything I could think off and it would not budge. Is there a
trick
or soemthing I missed?

I dont think the shaft on the tiller has a place for a bolt to
go
through. Does it mean it is not compatable with this pto shaft?

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM