pyotr filipivich

Default Religion is a crutch

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:11:52 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:32:30 GMT, "Bernd"
wrote:
"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote in message

"phase90" wrote :
Spirituality is for those who've been to hell and back.

That is the best comeback I've heard yet! Another is: "Religion is for
weak minded people." I didn't used to think so, but there is a world
of difference between religion and spirituality. And sometimes (most
of the time) the two don't meet at all.

Lane

Actually religion is a crutch and only cripples need crutches. BG

What was it that was said in the dope culture of the 60s....

Reality is a crutch.

To those who say "Religion is a crutch" I ask "And who isn't limping?"

I wish I could recall where I heard that first.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Gunner

"phase90" wrote :
Spirituality is for those who've been to hell and back.

That is the best comeback I've heard yet! Another is: "Religion is for
weak minded people." I didn't used to think so, but there is a world
of difference between religion and spirituality. And sometimes (most
of the time) the two don't meet at all.

Lane

Actually religion is a crutch and only cripples need crutches. BG

What was it that was said in the dope culture of the 60s....

Reality is a crutch.

To those who say "Religion is a crutch" I ask "And who isn't limping?"

I wish I could recall where I heard that first.

tschus
pyotr

Not bad..not bad at all!

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
jim rozen

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

To those who say "Religion is a crutch" I ask "And who isn't limping?"

Then again I always thought it was sort of affected to be gimping
around with a cane or on crutches, when not injured or disabled.

Jim

please reply to:
Larry Jaques

On 12 Apr 2005 05:41:54 -0700, the inscrutable jim rozen
spake:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

To those who say "Religion is a crutch" I ask "And who isn't limping?"

Then again I always thought it was sort of affected to be gimping
around with a cane or on crutches, when not injured or disabled.

Add to that the fact that religions are all the wrong SIZE for
most of us folks who may or may not be limping.

P.S: Make that "the wrong size, shape, and ATTITUDE."

VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications