K.P.

Default 7mm metric cold roll

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried
the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with
anything. Thanks, Kent
Joe AutoDrill

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried
the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with
anything. Thanks, Kent

McMaster. Some may be stainless... Hope this helps!

8116K36 but it's not really CRS, it's drill rod... 6' = $21.88

88695K21 (.277") 3' = $4.45

88625K66 3' = $3.15

88755K51 (.277") 3' = $3.43

1274T17 1 meter = $17.96 - Stainless

1272T16 1 meter = $15.08 - Stainless

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

K.P.

Thanks for the part #'s. Had forgotten about Mc Master. I think
stainless may be too hard as I need a 7mm rod in order to drive a
slug down my barrel to make a throat slug without hurting the bore..
Cold roll will not hurt the bore but don't know about the others.
Thanks again, Kent

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:59:36 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried
the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with
anything. Thanks, Kent

McMaster. Some may be stainless... Hope this helps!

8116K36 but it's not really CRS, it's drill rod... 6' = $21.88

88695K21 (.277") 3' = $4.45

88625K66 3' = $3.15

88755K51 (.277") 3' = $3.43

1274T17 1 meter = $17.96 - Stainless

1272T16 1 meter = $15.08 - Stainless

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

Gunner

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:47:59 GMT, K.P. wrote:

Thanks for the part #'s. Had forgotten about Mc Master. I think
stainless may be too hard as I need a 7mm rod in order to drive a
slug down my barrel to make a throat slug without hurting the bore..
Cold roll will not hurt the bore but don't know about the others.
Thanks again, Kent

Stainless works just fine. Just break the edge of both ends of the
rod.

Btw...its far better if you make a short starter rod about 3" long to
start the very well lubricated (white lithium works fine) slug
(buckshot is best) into the bore, followed by a longer 12" one,
followed by the full length rod. A brass hammer gets things started.

Ive made all my own slugging and cleaning rods from 303. Shrug..works
fine. Drills and taps well too for jags and brushes.

Roller skate bearings make nifty handle bearings with a bushing. I
like the rod handles to be a bit fat. The hardwood rods that you
hang your hangers on in the closet..(not the pine ones), make a bunch
of cleaning rod handles that fill the hand well. Turn em on the
lathe, round the ends with a mill ******* file...customize em.
Second best handle material is a good straight hoe or fat push broom
handle from the swap meet.

Gunner

wrote:

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried
the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with
anything. Thanks, Kent

McMaster. Some may be stainless... Hope this helps!

8116K36 but it's not really CRS, it's drill rod... 6' = $21.88

88695K21 (.277") 3' = $4.45

88625K66 3' = $3.15

88755K51 (.277") 3' = $3.43

1274T17 1 meter = $17.96 - Stainless

1272T16 1 meter = $15.08 - Stainless

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
http://www.AutoDrill.com
http://www.Multi-Drill.com

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , K.P.
wrote:

Was wondering if anyone had a source for 7mm cold rolled rod. Tried
the usual, MSC, Enco, J and L, Small parts. but couldnt come up with
anything. Thanks, Kent

There are 2 sources for Metric metals in the US.
Everybody else gets them from these 2.

Maryland Metric

http://www.marylandmetric.com/

Metric Metals

http://www.metricmetals.com/

K.P.

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:03:36 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

There are 2 sources for Metric metals in the US.
Everybody else gets them from these 2.

Maryland Metric

http://www.marylandmetric.com/

Metric Metals

http://www.metricmetals.com/

Thanks, Joe, Gunner and Ernie for the info. Kent
Bill Marrs

"K.P." wrote in message
Thanks for the part #'s. Had forgotten about Mc Master. I think
stainless may be too hard as I need a 7mm rod in order to drive a
slug down my barrel to make a throat slug without hurting the bore..
Cold roll will not hurt the bore but don't know about the others.
Thanks again, Kent

You could always use a slightly smaller rod, and put a couple of wraps of
tape on it.
1/4" CRS would do the trick. I hope you are not trying to slug a 7mm bore
with the 7mm rod? The bore dia. on a barrel is the groove diameter, the
land diameter
is smaller. Curious---if you want to get a dimension of the throat-the area
immediately
in front of the case mouth-- wouldn't a cerrosafe cast be better than
slugging it?

Bill

shower-pump/pump for cold water to shower only ? TR UK diy 1 December 29th 04 05:38 PM
Hot water from cold tap simulet UK diy 1 May 31st 04 11:10 PM
Pipe run between Cold water tank and hot water cylinder. John Durham UK diy 3 March 3rd 04 10:02 AM
cold water supply - airlock? news.plus.net UK diy 2 January 2nd 04 03:49 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM