Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ron M.

Default How to lift packages of shingles up to roof???

I have an average-size 3 bedroom, 2 bath house that needs a new roof.
The old one's fine, it's just getting a little thin in places where it
was hit by hailstones, and the gritty stuff on the shingles seems to be
coming off more than it used to. The roof is 9 years old. We're in
central Texas, near Austin. It's just a standard, asphalt composite
shingle roof.

I can replace this roof myself - I've done this before - but one
question. Is there some method or device I can use to get those
packages of shingles up onto the roof? These things are HEAVY. I picked
up one at Home Depot, and one package must weigh 80+ pounds. I can't
imagine hauling a roof-full of them up a ladder, one at a time.

Thanks,
R.M.