snapperhead

Default Lawn Tractor Deck Paint?

I've got a Cub Cadet with 30 hrs. use on the deck. I took it off to clean it
up last fall and couldn't believe the rust and pitting that had already
started after just one season.

Question is can anybody recommend a type of paint to use on the deck?
I'm thinking RustOleum but somebody mentioned that the spray on truck
bedliner stuff is good?
Any thoughts on paint and primer?
Thanks
snappa

David Martel

At least once a season, usually as part of the Winter storage thing, I
take off the blades, clean the deck with a lot of water and a wire brush,
and spray Rustoleum where needed. I don't use a primer.

Dave M.

m Ransley

An epoxy would last the longest , but will anything last, maybe not.

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

From the world of Jeeping, a lot of folks put down the herculiner stuff as a
protectant. Primarily used
inside the vehicle although a number have installed it outside and in the
wheel wells etc... Supposedly with
good results. Another product you might look for is called POR-15. This
is basically a paint that locks the
rust down and prevents it from expanding. A lot of folks in the 4 Wheeler
world swear by this stuff.
I've always just gone the Rustoleum route myself but then again, I live in
15% humidity pretty much year round.
Cheers,
cc

"snapperhead" wrote in message
I've got a Cub Cadet with 30 hrs. use on the deck. I took it off to clean
it up last fall and couldn't believe the rust and pitting that had already
started after just one season.

Question is can anybody recommend a type of paint to use on the deck?
I'm thinking RustOleum but somebody mentioned that the spray on truck
bedliner stuff is good?
Any thoughts on paint and primer?
Thanks
snappa

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Camp Painting help Needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 14 February 19th 05 10:17 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM