Mikel

Default Reply to message

Hi I posted a message titled " Craftsman snow thrower", I received a
reply, now I wish to reply but
when i click "reply" in the message area it only reverts back to the
messges.
Any help here?
Mike

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mikel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi I posted a message titled " Craftsman snow thrower", I received a
reply, now I wish to reply but
when i click "reply" in the message area it only reverts back to the
messges.
Any help here?
Mike

It would help if you told us what newsreader you are using.

johnny

"Mikel" wrote
Hi I posted a message titled " Craftsman snow thrower", I received a
reply, now I wish to reply but
when i click "reply" in the message area it only reverts back to the
messges.
Any help here?
Mike

You're posting through Google. IMHO NG's are hard to follow reading through
Google, don't know about posting through it. There are a lot of news
readers, but I'm sure you probably have OE without downloading any further
readers. Configure OE so you can subscribe to the newsgroups of choice.
ATT carries alt.home.repair and thousands of others, if they don't carry one
you want but know of, post to "worldnet.help.service-issues.misc" and within
a couple hours their servers will be carrying the NG you want.

G Henslee

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Mikel" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi I posted a message titled " Craftsman snow thrower", I received a
reply, now I wish to reply but
when i click "reply" in the message area it only reverts back to the
messges.
Any help here?
Mike

It would help if you told us what newsreader you are using.

He's not. It appears he's using the web-based Google groups and Linux OS.
Mikel

Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.
I switched to Internet explorer fro netscape and it seems to work
better.
Can you tell me how to access news groups on AT&T.
Iseem to get all kinds of info but all meningless to me.
Thanks to all for you replies.
Mike

Doug Miller

In article . com, "Mikel" wrote:
Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.

All *what* "above"? You didn't quote anything. How do you expect anyone to
know what you're talking about.

I switched to Internet explorer fro netscape and it seems to work
better.
Can you tell me how to access news groups on AT&T.

Have you tried calling AT&T tech support?

Iseem to get all kinds of info but all meningless to me.

Due to lack of quoted context, your post is pretty well meaningless to
everyone else. What did you expect?

--
Regards,

Dan C

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:31:38 -0800, Mikel wrote:

Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.

Then do some homework, and learn.

I switched to Internet explorer fro netscape and it seems to work
better.

Oh yeah, IE is a great move. NOT.

Can you tell me how to access news groups on AT&T.

Same way as you access them on any other service provider. Have you
talked to AT&T?

Iseem to get all kinds of info but all meningless to me.

It sucks to be dumb.

Thanks to all for you replies.

No problem.

Linux Registered User #327951

bill a

you will be setting up a "news" account within Outlook Express, which can be
done from the IE menu Tools-Mail & news
you'll be setting up the news account to connect to something like
news.att.net or whatever (you'll need to get the exact name from at&t tech
pages). I don't think they need a login name or anything if you are
logging in on their network in the first place.
I don't have time to get you through the details right now, but maybe this
can get you pointed toward the right help areas.
bill

"Mikel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.
I switched to Internet explorer fro netscape and it seems to work
better.
Can you tell me how to access news groups on AT&T.
Iseem to get all kinds of info but all meningless to me.
Thanks to all for you replies.
Mike

johnny

"Mikel" wrote
Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.
I switched to Internet explorer fro netscape and it seems to work
better.
Can you tell me how to access news groups on AT&T.
Iseem to get all kinds of info but all meningless to me.
Thanks to all for you replies.
Mike

Follow bill's advice, it pretty much will get you set up for news. I know I
had a problem setting it up, but I kept trying and finally it worked.

Open OE. Click on "Tools". Click on "Accounts". Click on the "News" tab.
Click on "Add" then click "News". It will walk you through the set-up, when
you come to "news server" type in netnews.worldnet.att.net . Do not
check the box which says my news server requires me to log on. I think this
will get the server set-up. Then you go to the left side of screen, double
click on the name of att server, a screen opens up and hit the button which
says "newsgroups", there you will find 30 thousand or so groups.

Good luck

Frank J Warner

In article , Doug
Miller wrote:

In article . com, "Mikel"
wrote:
Hi, all the above is greek to me. Sorry.

All *what* "above"? You didn't quote anything. How do you expect anyone to
know what you're talking about.

Google Groups is ruining Usenet. Although I've never used them, I
figure from the folks who do that it's difficult to reply, automatic
message quoting is not supported although you can do it manually,
threads are bizarre tree-like charts but its obvious to GG users who is
replying to whom while the rest of us are forced to guess, etc.

If Google is going to provide access to Usenet, they should at least
try to emulate some of the traditional and expected features of real
newsreaders.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com