Ikon

Default Glazed ceramic tile for floors

I am looking to replace my old cracked ceramic tile on the kitchen
floor. It is glazed, with brown-on-white ornament, and I am looking to
replace it with something similar. To my great surprise, I just could
not find it anywhere - for example, Home Depot, and a couple of online
stores I've checked, carry glazed tile for walls only; all their
flooring tile looks dull, with this rough, stone-like surface.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could suggest where I can find
glazed tile for floors.

RicodJour

Ikon wrote:
I am looking to replace my old cracked ceramic tile on the kitchen
floor. It is glazed, with brown-on-white ornament, and I am looking

replace it with something similar. To my great surprise, I just could
not find it anywhere - for example, Home Depot, and a couple of

online
stores I've checked, carry glazed tile for walls only; all their
flooring tile looks dull, with this rough, stone-like surface.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could suggest where I can find
glazed tile for floors.

There are two basic reasons why glazed floor tile is hard to come by.
It shows every scratch and it's much more slippery when wet.

G Henslee

Ikon wrote:
I am looking to replace my old cracked ceramic tile on the kitchen
floor. It is glazed, with brown-on-white ornament, and I am looking to
replace it with something similar. To my great surprise, I just could
not find it anywhere - for example, Home Depot, and a couple of online
stores I've checked, carry glazed tile for walls only; all their
flooring tile looks dull, with this rough, stone-like surface.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could suggest where I can find
glazed tile for floors.

Ikon,

Ask for and look at porcelain floor tile. I found this helpful.
http://www.thetileguy.com/ceramic1.html
Steve B.

On 29 Mar 2005 11:11:15 -0800, "Ikon" wrote:

I am looking to replace my old cracked ceramic tile on the kitchen
floor. It is glazed, with brown-on-white ornament, and I am looking to
replace it with something similar. To my great surprise, I just could
not find it anywhere - for example, Home Depot, and a couple of online
stores I've checked, carry glazed tile for walls only; all their
flooring tile looks dull, with this rough, stone-like surface.

I would highly appreciate if anybody could suggest where I can find
glazed tile for floors.

Glazed floor tiles aren't very popular anymore so you aren't going to
find them at the big box stores. Try going to some local tile only
stores and see if they can order what you want.

Steve B.